Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Evermore by Alyson Noel Review




So I just recently began hearing about how good Evermore was and that I should give it a try. I mean sure, why not? I've read just about any other book, so why not try and read something like Evermore especially if it sounds interesting right? Ok so this book is about Ever, this girl who can read minds and know what you feel and think just by simple contact, also by reading your Aura color. So anyway, her "powers" all started after this accident that killed her parents, younger sister, and her dog and for a moment, herself. She kind of lingered behind a little and lost her family in the process but something brought her back to life. Her aunt decides to take her in so they move down to California, where she meets two outcast Miles and Haven. She starts dressing differently, causing her to be an outcast, than she did at her old school, partly because she feels responsible for the accident. Her younger sister started visiting her while she was in the hospital and begins to visit almost daily. She is the only one that can calm Ever's thoughts from all of the chaos and destruction caused by her psychic powers. It isn't until she meets Damen. Hot, dark, mysterious Damen, that kind of throws things off of track. He is the only other person that can silence Ever's mind from all of the chaotic destruction it is now left in. Between worrying about her best friend Haven ditching her for a new queen bee, her dead sister's daily visits, and the hot mysterious Damen, she realizes that not everything is what it seems.





My thoughts upon picking up this book was, oh my, it's going to be another one of those vampire or fantasy books. As soon as I started reading though, I completely changed my mind. Ok so anyway, I tried not to give too much of the book away. Honestly I can't really say specifically why I couldn't put this book down. It could have been the description or just the suspense over wondering if it was true love between Damen and Ever. Or, what was up with him in the first place. I love the fact that you can connect to the characters relationships like one another. For example, Ever and her younger sister's relationship are just like any typical family relationship. They fight, argue but in the end they always seem to love and care about each other's well being. I have to give this book 4 out of 5 paws for its creativeness and the ending, it made me want to know more! Guess I’ll be stopping by Borders or B&N sometime this week to pick up Blue Moon!






In the comment section leave me a comment on what you loved about the book. Or if you haven't read the book, tell me if you want to read it and why. Toddles



Leslie aka That Chick That Reads

4 comments:

  1. I really just like the different take it had in the realm of fantasy. I think it felt a little more real also than some of the other series coming out. I also just really liked Ever's character. :)

    I too need to read Blue Moon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this book yet, but I like books with pretty covers. I'm also into unputdownable books.

    Anyways, I saw your interview on Kristen's blog and just wanted to say welcome to the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the cover, and also how Ever could see Auras and know what people were thinking, it just added so much to the book. I read Blue Moon, too, it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete