Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Fan Fiction & Free Writing Wednesday

So I don’t know about you but I love to read stuff from aspiring authors. Fan sites like Quizilla, Fictionpress and Miba allow users to create short stories or long stories. Stories about love, teenagers, vampires, anything supernatural, arranged marriages, pretty much everything you can think of. I have a couple of young authors I have been following for the last 6 months or so and I would love for you guys to check out some of their stuff!

One of my favorite stories on Quizilla is from young author:
makemebreakme555.

If you’re into reading things about trying to make the most desired guy fall in love with the totally normal chick than it’s not this story. Although it may seem like it, it’s not; it’s so much more than that! I’ve read a lot of stories that are totally cliché but this one is not your average one! Meet Spencer. She’s a total tomboy and has fallen for none other than Forest Take, the most desired guy at her high school. He’s gone out with a lot of the most desired girls from school, including Amy, Spencer’s sister. When Forest ruins her chances with her boyfriend by having dared him to kiss Amy, she decides to take make him fall in love with her. Will she succeed or will she just be another one of his pawns?

The story is called
The Devil Wears Playboy Boxers and you should definitely check it out!

Another one of my favorite Quizilla authors has to be
pattythai2.

If you like action and the bad boy than this is definitely the story for you. Meet Annette Skylar Stepovitch, she’s an excellent student, only child and works part time at a Dog Wash. Her life is just normal and nothing exciting ever happens. It isn’t until she meets Romeo Kingston, the hot bad boy who turns out to be an underground fighter. They are from totally different worlds, but will it amount to be true love?

This story is called
Nice Job Falling in Love with Me Mr. Delinquent so check it out!

Ok so most of my favorite authors come from Quizilla. This next one is
CharmedLuna.

I’ve actually never read anything like this story. It’s about a character named Elena Isabel Romano. Her family recently moved to the suburbs in Cali from East L.A. There she meets her neighbor Liam Powers, the jock and man whore of the school she is going to be attending. Liam and his friends bet that he could sleep with both of the Romano sister’s by the end of the semester. He goes after her sister Carmen and gets her easily, but when it comes to Elena, she just blows him off. Will she give into Liam or will she continue to blow him off? That is indeed the question.

Read
Welcome to the Suburbs to find out.

The next story comes from a user named
kakashi-lover.

This is one of those stories that I just absolutely love to read. It has it all, the hot guys, and school, best friends. Ok, so meet Avery Felton. She is normal girl going to Chancellor, with her best friends Kiera and Natasha. She goes home one day and her mother announces she is getting married and that her fiancé and his son were going to move into her house. Then there’s Landon, her soon to become step-brother, who goes to their rivalry school Aylward. When Avery ends up in a fight at school, all the boys seem to want her. With a new step-brother in the house, her best friend ditching her, and a new kind of love interest, will it be too much for her to handle?

To find out more about this story make sure to check out:
My Step-Brother is a total ass, but he's a hot piece of ass

Last but not least this one has to be one of my favorites. It’s from a user named brezzybrez.

Meet Elizabeth. She’s a vampire and must now choose between following her heart and loving a human, or mating with her own kind (another vampire). What will she choose in the end? This story is beautifully written! My favorite character has to be Adam, he’s so insistent from the beginning. I love how the story just floats! Definitely a must read!

This story is called
Addicting Poison and just like the title says, it’s super addictive!


Ok so there you have it folks! So tell me in the comments if you’ve read any of these stories above, and if you have what did you like about them? Do you write fan fiction of your own? Do you like reading Fan fiction or any other kind of writing? Also, any authors you would like to praise and have me feature them in Fan Friction and Free Writing Wednesday? Post a link and I’ll make sure to check them out!

As always,

That Chick That Reads

P.S. 1st contest is going to be up on Sat so watch out!

4 comments:

  1. Aww thank you for posting me on here, I'm honored ^.^ You actually made a better summary on my story than I did!

    ~makemebreakme555

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. Great idea! My friend Lauren (who is my blogger-in-crime) also loves fan fics. Maybe I should get her to review some. :) I used to read them too- mostly Harry Potter fanfics. XD Now, I read books more though.

    - Alex

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S I hope you don't mind if I use it ;)

    ~makemebreakme555

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...I was randomly looking up some of my favorite "authors" from quizilla and I found your reviews on these new "books." I love that you did this since it gives these authors new coverage. I mean WE ARE ON GOOGLE! lol. Quizilla, Mibba, Fanfic.net, these are all awesome sites that help promote these authors and I just thought it was great to hear you writing about such unknown people. Good job. :D

    -Kayberry6 (quizilla & Mibba user :D)

    ReplyDelete