Friday, July 31, 2009

Heavenly by Jennifer Laurens Review

Meet Zoë. She’s a teenager, but not one that has a typical teenage life. She has a younger brother, Luke, who engulfs himself in pot. Her younger sister, Abria, was diagnosed with Autism and her parents spend 100 percent of their time trying to deal with her disability. So Zoë escapes the only way she knows how, by partying and drinking. It isn’t until one day, Abria happens to run away and Zoë goes out to try to find her that she meets Mathias. Hot. Funny. Did I mention hot? So she does what any girl would do, she fell in love with him. Thou there is a problem, Mathias happens to be a guardian angel, Abria’s guardian angel at that. After Zoë is convinced he really is a guardian angel, they both journey through a love that is pure and amazing. But heaven and earth can’t always last forever.

I was lucky enough to receive an early copy of this book a couple of months ago and was literately amazed by it. I can’t say that about many books, but this one did. This book was filled with so much emotions and conflict. Like with Zoë, she loves her sister with all of her heart, but when things get crazy or hectic she wishes that she were a “normal” little girl. Those emotions are real. People in real life have those exact emotions. Another thing I loved about the book was the characters! My favorite had to be Zoë’s character. She struggles with her sister’s disability and her brother’s addiction, but as the novel progresses so does she. The family’s unity was also something I greatly admired. I hear about families splitting apart from hardships and so on but this girl’s family unites even closer because of these situations. I feel anyone who reads this book will feel the importance of forgiveness, family unity and just a sense that there is something bigger than all of us somewhere out there. I give this book, 4 out of 5 paws. It’s definitely on my list of top books that I’ve read this year!



Ok so I recently won another copy of this wonderful book like two weeks ago and I want to give it away to a lucky person! I will be posting the giveaway information tomorrow so keep a look out!

Comment Question of the blog: Have you ever read anything about an angel that you really liked? Any books you guys want to recommend feel free to let me know!

As always,

That Chick That Reads!

3 comments:

  1. You might want to try Eternal by Cynthia Smith. I liked the angel in that one. If you're up for a more adult series - I would suggest Faith Hunter's Rogue Mage series which involves angels/celestials. The first one I believe is called Bloodring. Not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually been wanting to read Eternal by Cynthia Smith! & thanks for suggesting Faith Hunter's Rogue Mage series, i've never read those but i'll deff put them on my to read list! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read about your blog at Bookworming in the 21st Century - welcome to the book blogging world! I'm enjoying your reviews so far and look forward to reading more.

    I have two book blogs - one for kids/teen/YA books:

    www.greatbooksforkidsandteens.com

    And one for grown-up books:

    www.bookbybook.blogspot.com

    Thanks for the great reviews!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete