Sunday, July 26, 2009

Swoon by Nina Malkin Review



Candice (Dice) Moskow is forced to leave New York City and venture out in the quiet, not to mention boring, town of Swoon, Connecticut. Nothing exciting ever and I mean ever happens. It isn't until her cousin Penelope (Pen) falls (almost to her death) out of a tree and in comes the soul of Sinclair Youngblood Powers. He had been patiently waiting for someone to bring him back to begin his revenge against the people of Swoon for centuries. Dice is instantly drawn to this boy, but she doesn't quite agree with his actions toward the townsfolk. She ends up convincing Pen that she needs an exorsism to get rid of Sinclair, but instead of getting rid of him permanetly, she brings him back to life in the flesh. Dice understands she needs to stop him from harming any more people of Swoon, but when you're in love with the very thing that is causing destruction, will her emotions get the best of her?


Ok so I honestly tried to like this book, I really did. I loved the idea of a ghost getting revenge and having a certain girl stop him, but as I continued to read, it just didn't deliver. It was sort of like a romance book, without any evidence to support their "love". You can clearly see her trying to open it up but it just wasn't working for it. I do have to give her props for the nicknames though. When Sinclair announced he wanted to be called Sin, the hair on the back of my neck stood up and I got goose bumps. I saw what she was trying to do with his character but it just wasn't working for it. It had too much sex, drugs, malice. Really the only sin that was embodice was that. There were other's that she could have explored but just didn't. It's a little mature so if you're young and get offended really easliy by topics, such as but not limited to, sex, drug abuse and homosexuality then it's not a book for you. I give this book 2 out of 5 paws at the most.

So tell me readers, if you've read this book, did you like it? Hate it? Or if you haven't read it, what do you think?

Comment Question of the review: What's your favorite sin out of all of them? Whether it is to read about them or see them in movies.

That Chick That Reads

1 comment:

  1. I didn't really liked the story so I wasn't able to finish it.

    ReplyDelete