Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Fan Fiction & Free Writing Tuesday

So as I said last week, I'm going to start dedicating Tuesday's to fan fic and free writing by aspiring young authors. So this week, i've asked the lovely Brianna H. author of a story called Addicting Poison on fictionpress that I featured in last week's post.


When and why did you begin writing?
I began Free Writing when i was in eleventh grade. I begin writing to get the idea out of my head because they were always bugging me and i couldn't focus on school work.

Is there a message in your story that you want readers to grasp?
no, not really, unless my story tells people to unleash their imagination onto the world

What books have most influenced your life most?
Probably Twilight, seeing as I'm making a simialr story, but with a darker twist to things

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?
I don't think i could one single writer, because I think my style of writing is a combination of a whole bunch of authors

What book are you reading now?
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater, but can probably guarantee that i will probably be switching books soon, then i would be reading Need by Carrie Jones

Do you see writing as a career?
I can see writing as a side career for me, but if i pick up bring time, then yeah i can see writing as a career.

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
no, not really

Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
oh man, that's hard. I guess Sherrilyn Kenyon is my favorite author because she adds different elements to her work.

What was the hardest part of writing your story?
keeping it all the same tense. That's really hard for me.

Did you learn anything from writing your story and what was it?
yeah I have learn something from writing and that's write all of the stuff down first and then edited.

Do you have any advice for other writers?
Keep a notebook with you at all time. you don't know when am idea will hit you. and type or write all the stuff down and then edit. you can always come back to it.

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
All i just want to say is thanks for reading my stuff. it means all to me and it shows me that people actucally reading my junk.

Her story Addicting Poison is very awesome so you should check it out HERE! Let me know what you guys think in a comment below. Do you guys know of anyone that you think writes good fan fic or any kind of writing? Leave a link down below.

As always,

That Chick That Reads

No comments:

Post a Comment