Sunday, August 16, 2009

In My Mailbox Week 3

This post is inspire by The Story Siren blog =)

Books I got at the bookstore:

**Spoilers from Book 1** Blue Moon by Alyson Noel:

Eager to learn everything she can about her new abilities as an Immortal, Ever turns to her beloved Damen to show her the way. But just as her powers are increasing, Damen’s are waning. In an attempt to save him, Ever travels to the magical dimension of Summerland, where she learns the secrets of Damen’s tortured past; a past which he has always kept hidden from her. But in her quest to cure Damen, Ever discovers an ancient text that details the workings of time. Now Ever must chose between turning back the past and saving her family from the accident that claimed their lives—or staying in the present and saving Damen, who grows sicker every day.

My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent

She doesn't see dead people, but…
She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.

Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next…



In the mail:

The Secret Society by Tom Dolby

An eccentric new girl. A brooding socialite. The scion of one of New York’s wealthiest families. A promising filmmaker. As students at the exclusive Chadwick School, Phoebe, Lauren, Nick, and Patch already live in a world most teenagers only dream about.

They didn’t ask to be Society members. But when three of them receive a mysterious text message promising success and fame beyond belief, they say yes to everything. Even to the harrowing initiation ceremony in a gritty warehouse downtown, and to the ankh-shaped tattoo they’re forced to get on the nape of their necks. Once they’re part of the Society, things begin falling into place for them. Week after week, their ambitions are fulfilled. It’s all perfect—until a body is found in Central Park with no distinguishing marks except for an ankh-shaped tattoo.

Chicken Soup for the Soul: Tough Times, Tough People

Tough times won’t last, but tough people will. Many people have lost money and many are losing their jobs, homes, or at least making cutbacks. Many others have faced life-changing natural disasters, such as hurricanes and fires, as well as health and family difficulties Chicken Soup for the Soul: Tough Times, Tough People is all about overcoming adversity, pulling together, making do with less, facing challenges, and finding new joys in a simpler life. Includes 10 bonus stories of faith.
That was what was in my mail box this week. Lemme know in the comment section below what was in your mailbox. =)
As always,
That Chick That Reads

16 comments:

  1. I bought Blue Moon this week too! My Soul to Take looks like a good read as well. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you got great books this week, they all sound really really good. I love the chicken soup books they're really good. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read My Soul to Take and Blue Moon! Hope you enjoy all your books! :)

    - Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. on nice! awesome books this week! hope you enjoy them all! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to read Blue Moon. Secret Society looks yummy, I got a copy of it myself. Yay for contest wins! Enjoy your books this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems like everyone got Secret Society.. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to read Secret Society. Hope you enjoy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Secret Society looks awesome! Hope you enjoy your books, and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blue Moon and My Soul to Take are REALLY good...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great books you got this week.


    Peace
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy!

    I want to get my hands on Rachel Vincent books! LOL

    http://booknerdextraordinaire.blogspot.com/2009/08/in-my-mailbox-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so jealous of Secret Society - it sounds brilliant. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. so Jealous of secret society!! Cant wait to read that one

    rachel
    sunshineedition@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh! I can't wait for Secret Society! Sounds so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Secret Society is really good! I got a copy last month, and I loved it! My review is here. I want to read My Soul To Take, it looks really good too!

    ReplyDelete