Thursday, August 13, 2009

This Lullaby Review

Sarah Dessen’s “This Lullaby” has to be one of the best YA novels I have read. It tells the story of a girl named Remy, whom has no faith in love what so ever. The reason for this is her father’s lack of interaction in her life (he only wrote a famous song about her before his death) and by the way her mother goes through men. She likes to feel in control when she’s in a relationship, and ends it before she gets too attached. She’s the dumper not the dumpee. One day, at the car dealership (owned by her mother’s 5th husband), she meets a guy named Dexter. He is determined to get to know her and she thinks it’s ridiculous but she agrees to go out with him. He’s like her exact opposite but worst of all, he’s a musician. Before Dexter she had a no musician rule, and she broke it while dating him. Everyone is curious to see how their relationship turns out.

My Thoughts:

I personally love all of Sarah Dessen’s novels and I think she is just a brilliant author. It’s one of those books that all teenage girls can relate to, they’re so real. It does an amazing job at keeping the reader’s attention, with her original tale, fresh character’s, and if you’re a Dessen fan, you’ll notice the little things from all of the other books. It has its moments where it will make you laugh and smile. I abs love Dexter! He's just so dreamy and real. I love these type of books where you can really relate to all of the characters. It really is an awesome book. Overall I give this book 4.5 out of 5 paws.

Comment Question of the Blog:

Are you a Dessen Fan? What’s your favorite novel? Lemme know in the comment section below.

As always,

That Chick That Reads

7 comments:

  1. I love Sarah Dessen! I think my favorite book by her is The Truth About Forever, I bawled my eyes out lol. This Lullaby comes in second place, and then Lock and Key. She's such a great YA writer! Oh and I love your Dexter love ha, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE This Lullaby! Sarah Dessen is brilliant. This Lullaby is my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have actually never read a Sarah Dessen book, but I'm starting to think I should.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review Les! I actually attempted to start reading this book but got distracted by another book. So I need to get into it again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! I have an award for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard from several people that this was a great read, thanks for the review. I love your blog by the way! Happy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWW Thanks Miss Remmers and Danni!

    ReplyDelete