Thursday, August 6, 2009

Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber Review

Vampire Kisses book #1 Review

Meet Raven. She lives in a town she calls “Dullsville”, where nothing fun ever happens until a mysterious family moves into the empty, boarded up mansion on top of Benson Hill. The family never goes out during the day. Who are these people? What are they doing there? She wonders, especially about Mr. Alexander Sterling, the hot, dark and mysterious son of the people who moved in. With all of the town gossip going around, Raven wonders if the rumors are really true. In this tale, will Raven really find out they’re vamps or are they just normal everyday people that avoid the sunlight?

This book is really vamp cliché. Vamps being allergic to garlic, holly ground, etcetera. So if you hate reading things that you can pretty much see coming, than this isn’t your book. Despite anything I really enjoyed this book. I love Raven’s character! She’s just so out there and she’s so determined and she doesn’t change anything about herself, despite the criticism she gets at school. It’s refreshing to see a novel that is just fun and easy to figure out. I love the way it’s written and how it’s funny and witty. It’s an easy read and very relaxing. I give this book 3 out of 5 paws.



Comment Question of the blog: Do you guys like cliché books? Or are they just too much for you? If you can think of any, let me know.

2 comments:

  1. I've had this book and the second one on my shelf for a while. I still haven't gotten around to reading it. Your review sparked my interest again so it's moving towards the top of the stack. I don't really care for cliche, but I'll see what I think. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard good things about this series. I'm going to have to try it.

    ReplyDelete