Monday, September 28, 2009

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins Review

**Contains Spoilers from book #1**

Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.

My Thoughts:

I devoured this novel! I cannot express how much I really loved this novel! Okie so this book picks up from the end of the Hunger Games, in which Peeta and Katniss are going on their victory tour. The victory tour in which all hell breaks loose. It’s crazy! I’ll start with the cover, which is abs beautiful! The jacket is so smooth and red! I loved it! The Mockingjay is of course on the front cover and if you take off the jacket, the same bird is featured in black against a red background which stands out really nicely. The novel had a different feel to it than the previous book. I guess you can say it was a little darker in a sense. Well if you think about, these two kids watched a lot of other kids die in very horrific and traumatizing ways. It does leave a mark so that’s where I sense the darkness coming from. Katniss continues to amaze me in her strength, despite going through all of what she had in the Hunger Games, and she still protected those she loved. The relationships between Gale and Katniss, as well as, Peeta and Katniss are so intense and confusing. I think I’m leaning toward Team Peeta but then again I haven’t read enough about Gale to form my complete opinion. I think Suzanne Collins intended it to be that way because in a sense you were feeling exactly the way that Katniss feels. She’s torn between two people she loves, now how she loves them, she’s not totally sure and it’s interesting to see how their relationships progress. I couldn’t believe some of the stuff that happened in this book! I was so surprised it is not even funny! The end makes me want the last book in the series now! Def deserves 5 out of 5 paws!

Comment Question of the Blog:
What’s your take? Team Gale or Team Peeta? Why? Lemme know in the comment section below.

As always,
That Chick That Reads

Vlog Review!!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I can't wait! My husband just finished this (he took it with him on a trip last week), so I;m reading it next! The Hunger Games was just so amazing. Thanks for the review -

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Team Katniss! Although Peeta is the one who understands what she went through best so far.

    ReplyDelete