Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Cindy Ella by Robin Palmer Review

Prom fever has infected LA, especially Cindy's two annoying stepsisters, and her overly Botoxed stepmother. Cindy seems to be the only one immune to it all. But her anti-prom letter in the school newspaper does more to turn Cindy into Queen of the Freaks than close the gap between the popular kids and the rest of the students. Everyone thinks she's committed social suicide, except for her two best friends, the yoga goddess India and John Hughes-worshipping Malcolm, and shockingly, the most popular senior at Castle Heights High and Cindy's crush, Adam Silver. Suddenly Cindy starts to think that maybe her social life could have a happily ever after. But there's still the rest of the school to deal with. With a little bit of help from an unexpected source and a fabulous pair of heels, Cindy realizes that she still has a chance at a happily ever after.

My Thoughts:

I was at wally world late one night and as I’ve said before in one of my past post, I always visit the book section when I go. Anyway, I already owned pretty much everything on the shelves (which wasn’t a lot because we were out in Oak Cliff and if you don’t get it, it’s because you don’t live in Dallas lol) but then this book caught my eye. The cover is amazingly beautiful! I absolutely love the stars and the sprinkles. The name was also a real big reason why I got the book in the first place because I have a younger sister named Cindy so I thought it was a little ironic. It’s been months since I’ve got the book but as soon as I finished it, I do have to say it was beyond amazing! The characters were so hilarious! Cindy Ella hates everything concerning prom, India and Malcolm are her two best friends who stand next to her when her letter to the editor goes wrong. The best thing I loved about this book were the various references to the late John Hugh’s movies, like ‘Sixteen Candles’, ‘Pretty in Pink’, oh and they also mention ‘Sleepless in Seattle’. Anyway at the end of the novel I was smiling like there was no tomorrow. I was definitely impressed with how it turned out. I give this novel 4 out of 5 paws.

Comment Question of the blog:
Did you go to the prom; it doesn’t necessarily have to be your prom? If so, with who or if not then why? Leave your responses in the comment section below.

As always,
That Chick That Reads

5 comments:

  1. This book is in my TBR pile. It looks really cute(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a really cute,fun book! Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book - it was a great quick read that left me feeling happy.

    Yes I went to my prom & I went with a really good friend of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! This book has been floating in and out of my Walmart. I say mine, because..well, I work there! I go out on my lunch break and write down all the books I want, lol.

    I never went to any prom, and yes, I missed out but oh well. I didn't want to go because my boyfriend at the time (he's now my fiance!) was living in a different state than me and he couldn't make it. I left school shortly after to live with him, and we've been together for over 7 years now :) SO I think it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice reveiw, might go out and get myself a copy.

    I did go to my prom. I didnt have a date but went with a group of friends.

    ReplyDelete