Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday Finds

Friday Finds is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading! I had a good week of finds :D Here are my top 2:




Dull Boy by Sarah Cross

What do you do if you can deadlift a car, and you spend your nights flying to get away from it all? If you’re fifteen-year-old Avery Pirzwick, you keep that information to yourself. When you’re a former jock turned freak, you can’t afford to let the secret slip.
But then Avery makes some friends who are as extraordinary as he is. He realizes they’re more than just freaks—together, maybe they have a chance to be heroes. First, though, they have to decide whether to trust the mysterious Cherchette, a powerful wouldbe mentor whose remarkable generosity may come at a terrible price.

Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott

Once upon a time I was a little girl who disappeared.
Once upon a time my name was not Alice.
Once upon a time I didn't know how lucky I was.

When Alice was ten, Ray took her away from her family, her friends -- her life. She learned to give up all power, to endure all pain. She waited for the nightmare to be over.

Now Alice is fifteen and Ray still has her, but he speaks more and more of her death. He does not know it is what she longs for. She does not know he has something more terrifying than death in mind for her.

This is Alice's story. It is one you have never heard, and one you will never, ever forget
Anyway those are my finds this week! What about you guys? Leave me your finds in the comment section below!

As always,
That Chick That Reads

7 comments:

  1. I've seen Dull Boy before but had forgotten about it. Thanks for reminding me - it sounds like a good book.

    Here's mine http://owlforya.blogspot.com/2009/09/friday-find.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living Dead Girls sounds like a really good book...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both good FF! Congrats on winning a copy of Ash from Fantastic Book Review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Living Dead Girl. It was a GREAT book!! But let me warn you, it's extremely sad. That book will make you break down in tears every couple of pages. It's a really good book though :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say he's anything BUT a Dull Boy :D

    Living Dead Girl sounds really sad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard great things about Dull Boy, I'm gonna check it out

    ReplyDelete