Sunday, September 13, 2009

In My Mailbox 9/13

This post is inspired by The Story Siren Blog.

This is what I got this week:

Looking For Alaska by John Green

Before. Miles “Pudge” Halter is done with his safe life at home. His whole life has been one big non-event, and his obsession with famous last words has only made him crave “the Great Perhaps” even more (François Rabelais, poet). He heads off to the sometimes crazy and anything-but-boring world of Culver Creek Boarding School, and his life becomes the opposite of safe. Because down the hall is Alaska Young. The gorgeous, clever, funny, sexy, self-destructive, screwed up, and utterly fascinating Alaska Young. She is an event unto herself. She pulls Pudge into her world, launches him into the Great Perhaps, and steals his heart. Then. . . . After. Nothing is ever the same



Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow

Dad? Zombie.
Mom? Long gone.
Me? Well, that's the scary part.

The Real World is a frightening place. Just ask sixteen-year-old orphan Dru Anderson, a tough girl who has taken down her fair share of bad guys. She's armed, dangerous, and ready to kill first and ask questions later. So it's gonna take her a while to figure out who she can trust . . .

Dru Anderson has been 'strange' for as long as she can remember, travelling from town to town with her father to hunt the things that go bump in the night. It's a weird life, but a good one – until it all explodes in an icy, broken-down Dakota town, when a hungry zombie busts through her kitchen door. Alone, terrified, and trapped, Dru's going to need every inch of her wit and training to stay alive. The monsters have decided to hunt back – and this time, Dru's on their menu. Chances of survival? Slim to none.

If she can't last until sunup, it's game over . . .


Dancing with Ana by Nicole Barker

Beth is a lucky girl... She comes from a loving family. She has three best friends. She loves to surf and lives five minutes from the beach. She also recently discovered that the boy she's grown up with has the most amazing green eyes... Beth has every reason to smile. Every reason to be happy. Every reason to feel blessed.

Then why is she sticking her fingers down her throat?




Anyway what about you guys? What was in your mailbox? Let me know in the comment section below..

As always,
That Chick That Reads

15 comments:

  1. I have read Strange Angels and I thought it was good. Haven't heard of the other two. Have fun reading them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been told that Looking for Alaska is reeeeally good, it's on my wish list!
    Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of all of those and actually have Looking For Alaska. :-D

    Hope you love all your new reads :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Strange Angels in my TBR pile- it looks really good. I have yet to read any John Green books, but I've heard Looking for Alaska is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok - so they say never judge a book by a cover - but the Strange Angels one really makes me want to pick it up and get stuck in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great mailbox. I really enjoyed Dancing with Ana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dancing With Ana looks good!

    -Andrea
    ireadd.blogspot.com [Buried In Books]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting books, happy reading! Dancing With Ana was an okay read, look forward to seeing what you think of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great books. Looking for Alaska was an amazing read. Enjoy your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved Looking for Alaska, it's an awesome read.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great books! Looking For Alaska is my sisters all time favorite book, and I just haven't read it yet. She gives me dirty looks everytime I say that...so maybe I should read it and she'll be nicer to me, lol. Strange Angels looks really good, and I have Dancing With Anna sitting here on the review pile.

    My mailbox will be posted tomorrow for Mailbox Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE Looking For Alaska. Strange Angels is good also. Hope you enjoy your books! :)

    - Alex

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking For Alaska is amazing! Strange Angels looks great too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been wanting to read Looking For Alaska and Strange Angels for a while now. I really need to get them! And Dancing With Ana sounds like a very interesting book too. Enjoy!
    :)

    ReplyDelete