Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Meridian by Amber Kizer Review

Half-human, half-angel, Meridian Sozu has a dark responsibility.

Sixteen-year-old Meridian has been surrounded by death ever since she can remember. As a child, insects, mice, and salamanders would burrow into her bedclothes and die. At her elementary school, she was blamed for a classmate’s tragic accident. And on her sixteenth birthday, a car crashes in front of her family home—and Meridian’s body explodes in pain.

Before she can fully recover, Meridian is told that she’s a danger to her family and hustled off to her great-aunt’s house in Revelation, Colorado. It’s there that she learns that she is a Fenestra—the half-angel, half-human link between the living and the dead. But Meridian and her sworn protector and love, Tens, face great danger from the Aternocti, a band of dark forces who capture vulnerable souls on the brink of death and cause chaos.


My Thoughts:

I actually really liked this novel! The novel just went straight to the point, it didn’t really hover. I didn’t know what a Fenestra was when I started the novel but as the novel progressed I started to learn right along with Meridian, about who she was and what her mission consisted of. I instantly fell in love with Tens, I cannot pin point exactly why, I guess it was just something about him. The way he was so protective of Meridian and her great aunt, not to mention the way Meridian describes him. The novel is written from Meridian’s point of view, as the novel progresses we can see her progress right along with her. Although I really enjoyed this novel, (I read it in a day =P) the bible verses annoyed me a bit because I’m not really familiar with them, but at the back of the novel they had where it came from in the bible so they were easier to located. The ending wasn’t exactly what I expected but it was indeed perfect. Overall I give this novel 3.5 out of 5 paws.

Comment Question of the Blog:
Have you ever read anything that has a heaven vs. hell theme? If so leave me a comment in the section below telling me what it is.

As always,
That Chick That Reads

4 comments:

  1. Meridian sounds great, and I especially like the sound of Tens. Protective boys are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nearly bought this. I had a little over $9 and The Book Depository had it for $8.48. But then they suddenly jacked it up to $10.99. :( So I got Shiver instead. lol. This sounds like a great book and I can't wait to read it. Nice, concise review!

    ~Briana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meridian is so awesome. I expected more from the ending though. And Tens, sweet Tens...I wouldn't mind having him protect me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a really good book. I love Angel/Demon fiction. The book that really sticks out for me that had a heaven versus hell theme was Memnoch the Devil by Anne Rice. It's part of her Vampire Chronicles series. That series was amazing, probably why my fiance has read it about 5 times (so far).

    ReplyDelete