Saturday, September 19, 2009

Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles Review

A fresh, urban twist on the classic tale of star-crossed lovers.
When Brittany Ellis walks into chemistry class on the first day of senior year, she has no clue that her carefully created “perfect” life is about to unravel before her eyes. She’s forced to be lab partners with Alex Fuentes, a gang member from the other side of town, and he is about to threaten everything she's worked so hard for—her flawless reputation, her relationship with her boyfriend, and the secret that her home life is anything but perfect. Alex is a bad boy and he knows it. So when he makes a bet with his friends to lure Brittany into his life, he thinks nothing of it. But soon Alex realizes Brittany is a real person with real problems, and suddenly the bet he made in arrogance turns into something much more. In a passionate story about looking beneath the surface, Simone Elkeles breaks through the stereotypes and barriers that threaten to keep Brittany and Alex apart.

My Thoughts:
Okie so I happened to be at B&N pre-ordering Blood Promise when I decided to get this book. I didn’t have to pay for BP right there and then so I had some extra cash and decided to get it. I initially saw this on Eleni’s blog, La Femme Readers and saw how much she enjoyed it so I decided to get it. I didn’t get around to the book in like forever, but I can not believe how amazing it turned out! The story line is captivating and it was just told perfect! This novel is told from both Brittney and Alex’s point of view, which I apparently didn’t know or if I did, I just forgot. I abs loved all of the Spanish culture in this novel! I’m Hispanic myself so everything they mentioned was something that I grew up with or my parent’s did. Alex’s chapter’s appealed to me most, just because they reminded me of my home life, especially his mother. Brittney’s appealed to me because I guess I was the same way she was in High School. I was the first in the family to graduate high school and go to college so in school I was forced to be “perfect” until I broke free after my senior year. There were moments in this novel that made me both laugh and cry. It’s honestly an amazing book. Major props go out to Simone Elkeles for creating such an amazing story! Overall I give this novel 5 out of 5 paws!

Comment Question of the Blog:
What are your thoughts on star cross lovers? Love em? Think they're over rated? Let me know in the comment section below. If you have any favorite star cross lover books also let me know! I'll prob add it to my tbr list!

As always,
That Chick That Reads

Here's the vlog review:

4 comments:

  1. I really need to read that book. It's sold like crazy and everyone seems to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm waiting for this book from the library since I am broke. LOVE your review. I want to read it so badly now :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one has been on my wishlist for a while, I've read such good reviews I really should just order it LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice book review!! that was suchhh a good book!! definitely one of my favorites. i was getting nervouse close to the end... there was soooo much information that needed to be covered and i wasnt sure i was going to like the ending, but boy was i wrong. it was the perfect ending to a perfect little love story. love love love love loved it!

    ReplyDelete