Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Betrayed (HoN #2) by P.C. & Kristin Cast Review

Fledgling vampyre Zoey Redbird has managed to settle in at the House of Night. She's come to terms with the vast powers the vampyre goddess, Nyx, has given her, and is getting a handle on being the new Leader of the Dark Daughters. Best of all, Zoey finally feels like she belongs--like she really fits in. She actually has a boyfriend--or two. Then the unthinkable happens: Human teenagers are being killed, and all the evidence points to the House of Night. While danger stalks the humans from Zoey's old life, she begins to realize that the very powers that make her so unique might also threaten those she loves. Then, when she needs her new friends the most, death strikes the House of Night, and Zoey must find the courage to face a betrayal that could break her heart, her soul, and jeopardize the very fabric of her world.

My thoughts:

This book was def more fast-paced than the first one. Okie so it starts off with Zoey taking over the Dark Daughters. She wants to make this not an elite get asked to join kind of thing but something that anyone at school could do it. So she sets off and starts researching new techniques. Her love life is getting even more complicated as it already seems. She can't seem to get rid of Heath, her human ex boyfriend. While she feels as if she's neglecting her smexy new vampyre boyfriend, Erik. Anyway I don't really don't want to keep explaining because I don't want to ruin the book...

Anyway.. I really enjoyed the idea of this novel. The writing is abs awesome and I love the fact that P.C. Cast included her daughter in writing this series. However, I hated how they seemed to keep repeating the same things over again from the first novel. It gets tad bit tiresome after a while. There's a lot of sexuality in this one.. and the love triangles are getting to be a little bit too much. But over all I really liked this novel. Zoey's character is totally a bad ass and her friends are some that I would have loved to have back in high school. Especially Stevie Rae. Overall I give this novel 3.5 out 5 paws

Comment Question of the blog:
If you could control an element, which one would you choose and why? Leave your creative responses in the comment section below.



As always,
That Chick That Reads

3 comments:

  1. I agree that there were so many things that were repeated over and over again from the first novel that just didn't need to be repeated.
    Because of that, despite its fast pace, I found myself getting bored with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard a lot about this series. I need to read it.

    If I could control an element, it would be water because it can put out fire and wear away earth.

    ~Briana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think if I could control an element, it would be..... Water. Why, Im not sure. I just would, its hard to explain.

    ReplyDelete