Thursday, October 1, 2009

Dancing with Ana by Nicole Barker Review

Beth is a lucky girl... She comes from a loving family. She has three best friends. She loves to surf and lives five minutes from the beach. She also recently discovered that the boy she's grown up with has the most amazing green eyes... Beth has every reason to smile. Every reason to be happy. Every reason to feel blessed.

Then why is she sticking her fingers down her throat?



My Thoughts:
I was so excited to see this book in my mailbox! Ah I was jumping up and down when I got it! Anyway the book was very good. This novel mainly about a girl named Beth. She has the perfect life, well sort of. She has family and friends that love her, she’s athletic and loves to run and surf, and now she finally has noticed that cute boy down the street, who has been her best friend all these years. The book is told in a third person point of view, told from everyone’s perspective. It gives you a glimpse as to why and how anorexia effects Beth’s three best friends, her new boyfriend, as well as her family. As I began to read the novel, it felt as if I was in high school once again. The “popular and beautiful” girls were the skinny ones, while everyone else longed to be them. As the novel progresses you can see how this “diet” the girls are on begins to affect them and put pressure on them. The character I could easily relate to was Beth. She’s a runner (which is always a big time plus in my book because I was a former XC runner), she has family issues, and she has three best friends (although mine are all guys). The struggles that each one of the girls faced, I saw back in high school and even now. Some in me, while there were other kids I saw them in. You can feel each and every one of the characters emotions, like when Beth’s father doesn’t pick them up; I felt her anger and sadness. The happy times, the sad ones and even the angry ones made this book a huge hit! Loved it! I give this book 4 out of 5 paws.



Comment Question of the blog:
How did you meet your best friends? Lemme know in the comment section below.

As always,
That Chick That Reads

1 comment:

  1. Great review, thank you. I love the cover!
    I met my friends true school. (best place to meet people at college)

    ReplyDelete