Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick Review

For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.


My Thoughts:

First off, I have been waiting for this book for flipping ever so when I found out that it had been released early I pretty much had to get the book. I ended up reading the first half of the book in a couple of hours and then the rest of the book through out the week. I abs loved it! The story starts off with a prologue, which tells the story of Chauncey; which is quite interesting and unique. Then the story shifts to the present, in Nora’s point of view, which I loved because her character was just so easy going. The characters in this book were just amazing and unique. Nora’s best friend is just like my best friend, and then there’s Patch. Uh where I can I find me on of those? I mean he’s tall, dark and mysterious! Some of the stuff that goes on in this novel, I totally didn’t see coming. The book jacket is abs gorgeous; I guess that’s why I was so drawn to the book in the first place. I love the idea of fallen angels and just anything of that sort. It was kind of cool to see how she developed the story and just the little hints and stuff ended up piecing nicely together at the end of the book. The language is one that we use today, the dialogue is very well written and expressed, and it’s an easy, fun and relaxing novel to read. Anxiously waiting for the next installment! Overall I give this one 4 out of 5 paws.

Comment Question of the Blog:
So do you have a nickname that your friends or family calls you? Why? Lemme know in the comment section below.

As always,
That Chick That Reads

9 comments:

  1. Great review!

    I've been wanting to read this book, and the more great reviews I hear of, makes me want to even more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I had high expectations for this and I thought it delivered. I thought it was sexier than Twilight. Loved Patch!

    I don't have a nickname. Unless you count Bigfoot. I wear a size 10 1/2 because I'm so tall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review!

    I don't really have a nickname. Not one's that's stuck, anyway. I always thought it would be cool to have one. My first name doesn't lend itself to shortening, either, so I guess I'll remain nicknameless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review. I'm reading this one now =)

    As for nicknames - My mom calls me Shelby for no reason really.
    Some people call me Mish which I enjoy. My last name is Zabala so ever since middle school people have come up with very creative nicknames for me such as: Zimbabew, Zabalabean, Zababa, or Za-BAAA-LAAA where they drag out the syllables, etc

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review. I absolutely adore this bore.

    I had a few nicknames as a child:
    a)pumpkin *no reason*
    b) Mory *short for my name Maura*
    c) My Japanese teacher and friends call me neko because a few years ago I liked to wear cat ears, and neko means cat in Japanese.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review.
    So do you have a nickname that your friends or family calls you? Why?

    My close buddies call me Cin, short for Cindy. I love it because how short can my name get right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm dying to read this book! Great review!

    My mom called me Ms. Octopus for being forgetful. I don't know why exactly she chose this nickname. Strange, eh?

    aikychien at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice review. I have read positive reviews for this book but I still haven't read it yet.

    I actually don't have any nicknames that people call me by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i LOVED this book. funny how these days i m suddenly coming across many books better than twilight. ha.
    -shiver
    -hush, hush
    -the hunger games
    -gone

    ReplyDelete