Monday, October 12, 2009

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater Review!

For years, Grace has watched the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf--her wolf--is a chilling presence she can't seem to live without. Meanwhile, Sam has lived two lives: In winter, the frozen woods, the protection of the pack, and the silent company of a fearless girl. In summer, a few precious months of being human . . . until the cold makes him shift back again.

Now, Grace meets a yellow-eyed boy whose familiarity takes her breath away. It's her wolf. It has to be. But as winter nears, Sam must fight to stay human--or risk losing himself, and Grace, forever.


My Thoughts:

Wow! This book came very highly recommended from various people! Some of my blogger friends, my Facebook friend Brianna and my twitter friend (as well as blogger friend) Lauren. Well I ended up getting it online at B&N and I was excited to get it! I didn’t get to read it immediately which kind of sucked but meh. Anyway so I completely fell in love with the way Maggie wrote this novel! Alter. Point of views are awesome! We get a dose of Sam and Grace’s thoughts, which I found completely and utterly awesome! I loved that Sam loves books and the love he felt for Grace immediately after he saves her from the wolves! Grace was such a strong character! I felt her happiness when there was happiness and desperation when she felt anything but. I don’t know how Maggie did it but wow, this book completely took me away! Wow! I loved the ballads that Sam included in his pov’s. They were so different and refreshing! I don’t know their relation ship felt real, I don’t know how to explain it otherwise! Best book I have read this year! Anyway wanted to share two quotes that really either got to me, or, that were just too cute!

We bear the grins of the smiling dead”- pg. 118
That quote gave me the chills! But it was just too good not to share! Okie so here’s another one:

You’re like a song that I heard when I was a little kid but forgot I knew until I heard it again.” – pg.208
Okie that quote was just the cutest thing evar!

Onto the cover. It is abs beautiful! I mean come on now! Look at it! The white and blue go hand in hand! They make it stand out and the other day I was on someone’s blog, can not remember who’s it was to save my life and saw that they pointed out the wolf in between the tangles of the front! I hadn’t even noticed it! Anyway so yeah this book was abs awesome! Many twist and turns! Didn’t see that ending coming! Now anxiously awaiting for book 2! Overall I rate this novel 5 out of 5 paws!

Comment Question of the blog:
If you could choose one Wolf sense, which one would you choose and why? Leave your creative responses in the comment section below!

As always,
That Chick That Reads

9 comments:

  1. I have this book waiting to be read! Who knows when I'll get to it though...I agree the cover is beautiful.

    I'm pretty psyched to get into this book eventually, nice review :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone says such great things that I can't wait to read Shiver. And the cover is beautiful. The illustrator did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how many exclamation points you managed to put in this review...even the title! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanna read that book >.<
    I think I would pick the wolf speed ^^ Helpful in so many aspects of your life !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adored this book! :) Nice review. I have no idea what wolf sense I would hav. Maybe something that would make me faster in PE? xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still haven't read this book. I let a friend borrow it, but I think when I get it back I'll have to jump on it asap! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought a copy of this book recently and will hopefully read it soon. My warewolf sense would be night vision. I could see in the dark when I'm out in the wilderness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmm what wolf sense would I choose? I think I'd choose the speed also, just because it'd be handy to go that fast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. THIS BOOK CHANGED MY LIFE. I mean i was never a big reader. But i thought it was gorgously wrote, and prefectly put together. And it wasnt like alot of other books, PREDICTABLE. No, it was suspenseful, and intreging. i never wanted to put it down. LOVEED it.

    ReplyDelete