Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Van Alen Legacy by Melissa de la Cruz

With the stunning revelation surrounding Bliss's true identity comes the growing threat of the sinister Silver Bloods. Once left to live the glamorous life in New York City, the Blue Bloods now find themselves in an epic battle for survival. Not to worry, love is still in the air for the young vampires of the Upper East Side. Or is it? Jack and Schuyler are over. Oliver's brokenhearted. And only the cunning Mimi seems to be happily engaged. Young, fanged, and fabulous, Melissa de la Cruz's vampires unite in this highly anticipated fourth installment of the Blue Bloods series.

My Thoughts:

Wow! Best book of the series yet! This book was filled with so much action and suprises it’s not even funny. The layout of this book is just like the other books, it’s pretty much told in three different point of views but in third person so we know all their thoughts and such. The chapters have the names of who is going to be speaking; the three main views are from Schuyler, Mimi, and Bliss. The story starts off almost a year after Lawrence was killed. Schuyler has been hiding with Oliver when the conclave decided that she was not innocent, so they ran. Mimi is with Kingsley trying to find Bliss’ younger sister who happened to kidnap the night of the destruction. Bliss has no idea who she is, or why she feels weird; it’s mostly because she has a “visitor” that had been inhabiting her body since the black outs. Anyway so yeah. The cover art was very beautiful, I loved the red ruby lips, and it just makes it all stand out.

This one is indeed my favorite so far in the series. It kept my attention pretty much the whole time. I kept wondering what was going to happen to this character or why this character did this or that. It was just really awesome to go on the journey with these three young ladies. Jack is my favorite character ever. Since the beginning of the series, and now I think he will continue to be my favorite character ever lol. Anyway the events that went on were so twisted and just unexpected; I loved how the author wrote some of these scenes. You could totally feel the tension when it was needed, as well as the excitement and any other emotions. Definitely an awesome series! I give this novel 4 out of 5 paws.

Comment Question of the blog:
What book character makes you swoon? Leave me your answer in the comment section below.

As always,
That Chick That Reads

4 comments:

  1. I sort of lost interest in this series after the 2nd/3rd(?) book, but I'm glad you like it.
    What book character makes me swoon? Rhett Butler, for one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed it! I can't wait until the next installment.

    Now why did you ask that question? LOL! Too many to name, but I'll give you a few: In no particular order
    1. Jericho Barons from the Fever Series by Karen Moning
    2. Bones from the Night Huntress Series by Jeaniene Frost
    3. Marc & Jace from the Shifters Series by Rachel Vincent
    4. Patch from Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
    5. Nick from The Demon's Lexicon by SRB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't say any one character makes me swoon.

    Good review!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Jace for the Mortal Instruments Series. He is very swoonable!

    ReplyDelete