Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday #9

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine blog. This weeks WOW comes out December 22, 2009! The Dark Divine by Bree Despain.


The Dark Divine
Bree Despain
December 22, 2009

A prodigal son

A dangerous love

A deadly secret . .
.

I stood back and watched his movements. Daniel had that way about him that could shut me down in an instant. . . . I kicked the gravel a couple of times and worked up my courage again. “Tell me . . . I mean . . . why did you come back? Why now, after all this time?”

Grace Divine, daughter of the local pastor, always knew something terrible happened the night Daniel Kalbi disappeared—the night she found her brother Jude collapsed on the porch, covered in blood. But she has no idea what a truly monstrous secret that night really held. And when Daniel returns three years later, Grace can no longer deny her attraction to him, despite promising Jude she’ll stay away.

As Grace gets closer to Daniel, her actions stir the ancient evil Daniel unleashed that horrific night. Grace must discover the truth behind Jude and Daniel's dark secret . . . and the cure that can save the ones she loves. But she may have to lay down the ultimate sacrifice to do it—her soul.

What about you guys? What are you waiting on this wednesday?

As always,
That Chick That Reads

11 comments:

  1. award! http://the-bookologist.blogspot.com/2009/10/awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one does sounds great! I'm in love with the cover. =) I see you're reading Shiver now, hope you love it as much as I did! I have a big crush on Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to check that one out, thanks for posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds good - and you don't have very long to wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I featured this one in a WOW post a little while back as well =D I'm so looking forward to this book, I had to preorder it right away once I read an excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I guess great minds think alike, I posted this one for WOW today too! It sounds so awesome,

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds so good - I've seen it recently and it's definitely going on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the heads up on this book, I will have to check it out. Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. can't wait to read this one either. great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to read this one too. Such a pretty cover. I don't have a BOOK pick this week but I do have something I want...with a book trailer that's great:

    http://shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com/2009/10/wish-list-awesome-baby-gift-and-jon.html

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was a great book! My post is up as well.

    ReplyDelete