Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Lipstick Apology by Jennifer Jabbley Review

Sometimes a good-bye is just the beginning…
When Emily Carson’s parents die in a plane crash, she’s left with nothing but her mother’s last words scrawled in lipstick on a tray table: “Emily, please forgive me.”

Now it’s fall and Emily moves to New York City— where she attracts the attention of two very different boys: the cute, popular Owen, and her quirky chemistry partner, Anthony. With the help of some surprising new friends, Emily must choose between the boy who helps her forget and the one who encourages her to remember, and ultimately heal.

Debut author Jennifer Jabaley has written a wonderful, feel-good romantic comedy with real emotional depth. Full of lovably wacky characters, Lipstick Apology is a heartwarming story about the true meaning of forgiveness.

My Thoughts:

I was so excited to get this book because I had seen it on a couple of blogger sites and when I read the description I thought it was going to be pretty good. This novel starts off with Emily’s party back in her hometown in Pennsylvania. Right in the middle of it her Aunt Jolie walks and tells her that her parent’s plane crashed. As they sat together in her bedroom watching the news, a report came on and they discovered a tray table with the words: Emily Please Forgive Me. Summer past very fast and suddenly it came Fall and she moved out to New York City with her Aunt. Now in a new High School she meets two boys, one that makes her forget about the mysterious message and the one who makes her remember.

Honestly I didn’t really enjoy this novel as much as I thought I was going to. Emily is so shallow and one-minded throughout the entire first part of the novel that it just annoyed me really bad but eventually it does get better. The language was very 21st century and I really liked that. There was romance, friendship and just the knowledge that you never truly know someone. We journey with Emily in her quest to find herself as well as discovering what the written apology meant. Her best friend Georgia is just like my best friend Christian, despite them living at a distance, they could call each other and depend on one another like true family. It does have some funny moments. Like I said before the only thing that annoyed me was that she was so shallow. She cared so much about Owens good looks and ranking in the school, rather than Anthony who was sweet and a good friend. I give this book 3.5 out of 5 paws.

Comment Question of the Blog:
If you could live anywhere, where would you live and why? Lemme know in the comment section below.

As always,
That Chick That Reads

2 comments:

  1. I like living where I'm from, (Ontario), however if given the chance to leave and go anywhere I wish, I'd say wherever there is warm weather, like Egypt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds interesting and I like a mystery but not if the main character is not relateable.

    ReplyDelete