Monday, December 14, 2009

Shadowland by Alyson Noel Review

Shadowland by Alyson Noel
Publisher: St. Martins Press
Pub. Date: November 17, 2009
Pages: 339
Age Level: YA
Obtained: Bought

**Spoilers ahead from books 1 and 2, don't say I didn't warn you!**
At the start of this breathtaking novel, Damen and Ever travel to Summerland in search of an antidote to reverse a powerful poison. But instead of the cure they seek, they find something far more sinister: the truth about their existence and the fate lying in wait of an immortal’s soul.

Now, with Damen fighting to save them from the Shadowland, Ever turns to magick, hoping to break Damen’s curse. Along the way Ever encounters the mysterious Jude, finding herself drawn to him in a way that will test her love for Damen like never before . . .



My Thoughts:


I do have to say I’ve quite enjoyed this series. Ever and Damien’s love has constantly kept me on edge throughout all three novels. This is book three out of the series and Ever and Damien are in the process of finding an antidote to the antidote so they could finally be together. During time she meets a boy named Jude, who she has an undeniable connection to that will set the ultimate test between her and Damien.

Ever is adjusting rather well for her new immortal state, other than the fact that her immortal boyfriend is given an antidote in which even the slightest transfer of DNA could kill him. She is desperate and impatient to find this antidote so that they could finally be together without having to safeguard anything. She reminds me a lot of myself, I hate waiting for things and like her, we do things kind of rash. This novel was a complete rollercoaster ride. Noel continues to mesmerize me in this awesome and creative world filled with love, eternity and a sense of renewal. If you loved Evermore and Blue Moon, then you will never want Shadowland to end! I give this novel 4 out of 5 paws.

Comment Question of the Blog:
If you were immortal and could see the world change before you eyes, what one thing would you want to stay the same and why? Lemme know in the comment section below.

As always,
That Chick That Reads

1 comment:

  1. OH! There are no big spoilers! I usually avoid reading reviews about books I plan to read, but I couldn't help myself in this case. I wanted to find out if book three is as good. So many are basing this one and I can't figure out why. I love books one and two, so I am sure to love this one as well.

    ReplyDelete