Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Cost of Dreams by Gary Stelzer Review

The Cost of Dreams
Publisher: Decent Hearts Press
Pub. Date: October 1st, 2009
Pages: 296
Age Level: Adult
Obtained: Provided for Review

A novel: Flora Enriquez trusts that she has found safe haven for her young family in the remote U.S. Southwest, after fleeing the murderous environs of Central America where her parents were slain in a civil war. Only to find that all of her life's greatest challenges, by far, still lie before her.

My Thoughts:

Stelzer completely captivated me in Flora’s story from the beginning. He just completely captured the difficulties that people crossing the border have and the kind of life they continue to live while in the States. There were so many things that were just so amazing! Flora’s character is a strong willed, charismatic, and loving woman. She loves her husband, even after he left her in the car for dead; she adores her two children and manages to teach a school. This novel made me visualize Flora’s journey with a variety of language techniques and through the visualistic language. When I got to the very last page, I seriously could not believe it! The writing is so fast paced that I just couldn’t get believe that I had gotten to the last page that quickly! Anyway guys, check out this book! I guarantee you will not be sorry! I give this novel 4 out of 5 paws.

Comment Question of the Blog:
If you could go anywhere for a day, where would you go and why? Lemme know in the comment section below!

As always,
That Chick That Reads

1 comment:

  1. I loved the book too! Glad you enjoyed it. Great review!

    ReplyDelete