Sunday, January 10, 2010

Going to Far by Jennifer Echols Review

Going to Far by Jennifer Echols
Publisher: MTV Books
Pub. Date: March 17th, 2009
Pages: 245
Age Level: Young Adult
Obtained: Secret Santa Gift

All Meg has ever wanted is to get away. Away from high school. Away from her backwater town. Away from her parents who seem determined to keep her imprisoned in their dead-end lives. But one crazy evening involving a dare and forbidden railroad tracks, she goes way too far... and almost doesn't make it back.
John made a choice to stay. To enforce the rules. To serve and protect. He has nothing but contempt for what he sees as childish rebellion, and he wants to teach Meg a lesson she won't soon forget. But Meg pushes him to the limit by questioning everything he learned at the police academy. And when he pushes back, demanding to know why she won't be tied down, they will drive each other to the edge - and over...

My Thoughts:

Meg just wanted to get away. Away from HS, home, and that pesky town that made it seem like she was holed up but it all changes one night, when things go beyond her control.
Meg is rebellious. She defies her parents, sleeps around and runs. John, the love intrest, is a pretty interesting character. He’s everything Meg is not but it seems to drive them together. I wish there would’ve been more back bone to their story. Especially the explanation as to why Meg runs. It all just seemed to make me want to know more but it never truly satisfied me. It’s a fun, easy read so check it out! I give it 3.5 out of 5 paws.

Comment Question of the Blog:
Have you ever thought about doing something illegal? Why or why not? Lemme know in the comment section below!

As always,
That Chick That Reads

3 comments:

  1. See I thought everything was explained perfectly, but glad you still enjoyed the book. John After is just *swoooons*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so loved this book. Meg was perfect for me - even in own screwed up teenage way. And don't get me started on John After, perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read this book. It is on my Wish List! :)

    ReplyDelete