Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Shattered by Joan Johnson Review

Shattered by John Johnson
Publisher: Mira Books
Pub. Date: December 29th, 2009
Pages: 423
Age Level: Adult
Obtained: Provided for Review

Nine years ago Kate Grayhawk Pendelton walked into Wyatt Shaw's life—and out of it the next morning. Now Wyatt's back—and has the power to shatter Kate's future with the man she loves.

By reputation, Wyatt Shaw is a brutal killer who always gets what he wants. And he wants Kate and her twin eight-year-old sons.

Texas Ranger Jack McKinley is hot on Wyatt Shaw's trail. The presumed heir to the D'Amato crime syndicate is threatening to steal the woman he loves.

Holly McKinley is fighting to keep Jack from leaving her for another woman. Now the secret she's kept for over twenty years may save their son's life, and cost her the only man she's ever loved

My Thoughts:

I got a chance to review this novel and let me say it left me completely breathless! It’s part of a series, and so I hadn’t read any of the other novels in the series but found that I could easily get into this novel without difficulty. The book is told in four different perspectives through third person; Wyatt (the mob boss’ son), Kate (one with a secret), Jack (Tx Ranger), Holly (Jack’s soon to be Ex Wife). I kept reading the book and saying “okie I’ll stop after this chapter” but I literatly stayed up all night finishing it up! The story had me completely hooked! The boys Chance and Lucky were just so adorable! The different little situations that the adults got into, especially the difficulty about relationships was just fascinating to me. I also loved the fact that it’s based in TX as I was born and raised in TX myself. I really liked this novel and look forward to the next one in the series! I give this novel 4 out of 5 paws.

Comment Question of the Blog:
Do you believe in love at first sight? Lemme know in the comment section below!

As always,
That Chick That Reads

3 comments:

  1. sounds like a real page turner. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting! It's always good when you can't stop turning the pages...awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like an intersting book to read! Great review :)

    And I do not believe in love at first sight. I think there is a whole lot more to love than first impressions :)

    ReplyDelete