Friday, March 5, 2010

T2T Blog Tour Stop: A Spy in the House by Y.S. Lee

thespy A Spy in the House by Y.S. Lee 
Publisher: Candlewick Press 
Pub. Date: March  
Pages: 335
Age Level: Young Adult
Obtained: Blog Tour Stop

This is a colourful, action-packed Victorian detective novel centred around the exploits of 'agent' Mary Quinn. At a young age, Mary is rescued from the gallows by a woman masquerading as a prison warden.  She is taken to Miss Scrimshaw's Academy for Girls. The school, Mary learns, is a front for a private investigation agency and, at 17, she is taken on as an agent. In her new role she is catapulted into the family home of the Thorolds to investigate the shady business dealings of Mr Thorold.

My Thoughts:

One word to describe this novel. Amazing! It has everything  from mystery, to love and deception. I honestly could not put it down! Mary is such a strong and compassionate protagonist. There were moments where I laughed, cried and was even surprised. Lee’s writing is just so awesome that you get hooked in from the first word and you can’t put it down! I def can not wait until book two in the series, to see what’s in store for Mary. I give this novel 5 out of 5 paws!

5 pawsComment Question of the Blog:

If you were to be a spy from a movie (like Spy Kids ect), which one would you be and why? Lemme know in the comment section below!

Check her out guys!

Blog tour schedule with links to participating bloggers on our Weebly: http://travelingtoteenstours.weebly.com/tours---2010.html
Ying's author website: http://yslee.com/
Ying's blog tour schedule on her website, with no links to blogs: http://yslee.com/2010/02/pre-launch-lunacy/
Ying's Twitter: http://twitter.com/yinglee

As always,

That Chick That Reads

2 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds like a good book to read and I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    A: Well. I'm not too sure. If I had to pick maybe I'd be 007? Or Bourne? Someone who's kick ass. But I would really perfer to be a thief with diguises like Simon Templer from The Saint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good review. I love how for all your reviews you have review questions :)

    I would totally want to be James Bond or one of the Bond Girls. Oh and I've never seen Mr & Mrs. smith but it'd be way cool to be Mrs. Smith (an assasian but spies can be asssins).

    ReplyDelete