Friday, April 16, 2010

If I Stay by Gayle Forman Review

ifistay If I Stay by Gayle Forman   
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile
Pub. Date: April 9th, 2010 
Pages:  199
Age Level: Young Adult   
Obtained: Bought

In a single moment, everything changes. Seventeen-year-old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall riding along the snow-wet Oregon road with her family. Then, in a blink, she finds herself watching as her own damaged body is taken from the wreck...

A sophisticated, layered, and heartachingly beautiful story about the power of family and friends, the choices we all make—and the ultimate choice Mia commands.

My Thoughts:

I only have one word to say about this novel, well actually a whole sentence: This has to be the best book I’ve read all year! Even though reading what the book was about, I still didn’t quite get exactly what the novel was about. I was hooked from the first line though, and I read the entire thing through tears and my heart ached for each and every one of those characters featured in this novel. I loved how this novel is so centered around music! Music has the ability to transform a family. It also makes you value things and look at them from a different perspective. One day you could have everything and in the blink of an eye, everything could be gone. Honestly, it’s one of the best books I’ve read! That being said, I give this novel 5 out of 5 paws.

5_paws_thumb[1] Comment Question of the Blog:

If you only had one day to live, what would you do? Lemme know in the comment section below.

As always,

That Chick That Reads

1 comment:

  1. I love this book! It's one of the best books i've ever read. And there are only a few which reached my "best book" status. :)

    ReplyDelete