Friday, April 2, 2010

Original Sin by Allison Brennan Review

originalsin Original Sin by Allison Brennan  
Publisher:  Ballintine Books
Pub. Date: January 26th, 2010
Pages: 416 pages
Age Level: Paranormal Romance 
Obtained: Received for Review

Haunted by chilling memories of demonic possession and murder, Moira O’Donnell has spent seven years hunting down her mother, Fiona, whose command of black magic has granted her unprecedented control of the underworld. Now Moira’s global search has led her to a small California town that’s about to become hell on earth.
Tormented by his own terrifying past and driven by powers he can’t explain, ex-seminarian Rafe Cooper joins Moira’s dangerous quest. But Fiona is one devilish step ahead. Hungry for greater power, eternal youth, and stunning beauty, the sorceress is unleashing upon the mortal world the living incarnations of the Seven Deadly Sins.
Together with a demonologist, a tough female sheriff, and a pair of star-crossed teenagers, Moira and Rafe are humanity’s last chance to snatch salvation from the howling jaws of damnation.

My Thoughts:

Two words. Awesome and surprising! It took me a couple of chapters to really get into it but once the initial info was said and done, then came all of the action packed excitement! It had an amazingly fast paced plot, detailed writing and well developed characters. My favorite by far had to be Moira because she is so full of courage! I know that if I had to face demons from hell, I would’ve so not had the strength and courage that she did while fighting them and I admired her for that. The novel is aimed as a paranormal romance novel but to me it seemed more like a mystery/suspenseful one, which isn’t a bad thing because I honestly didn’t notice because it was just that good. This is definitely a good series opener and I honestly can not wait till the next one! I give this novel 4 out of 5 paws.

4_paws_thumb[1] Comment Question of the Blog:

What is your favorite sin to read about? Lemme know in the comment section below!

As always,

That Chick That Reads

No comments:

Post a Comment