Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Stealing Heaven by Elizabeth Scott

stealing heaven Stealing Heaven by Elizabeth Scott    
Publisher: Harper Teen  
Pub. Date:  June 23rd, 2009
Pages: 307
Age Level: Young Adult   
Obtained: Received as a gift 

My name is Danielle. I'm eighteen. I've been stealing things for as long as I can remember.
Dani has been trained as a thief by the best--her mother. Together, they move from town to town, targeting wealthy homes and making a living by stealing antique silver. They never stay in one place long enough to make real connections, real friends--a real life
In the beach town of Heaven, though, everything changes. For the first time, Dani starts to feel at home. She's making friends and has even met a guy. But these people can never know the real Dani--because of who she is. When it turns out that her new friend lives in the house they've targeted for their next job and the cute guy is a cop, Dani must question where her loyalties lie: with the life she's always known--or the one she's always wanted.

My Thoughts:

Stealing Heaven is the second Elizabeth Scott novel that I have read. It was quite interesting actually. Danielle goes by these different names and it kills her! All she’s ever known in life is to take something that doesn’t belong to her. But maybe she wants more than that. Maybe she wants to stay in one place and do everything she wished she could do? This one hit home somewhat, well not in the sense that we ever stole anything but that the only thing I ever knew was what my mother told me, what she expected of me. I could see why Danny was so frustrated with her current life, why she strode to do better. Her love interest was so cute! It’s just one of those first love kind of things that I just loved! So innocent and pure. The only thing I hated was the ending, to abrupt and final for me. Overall I give this novel 3.5 out of 5 paws.

3_5paws_thumb1 Comment Question of the Blog:

If you could choose between staying in one place for a while (a while meaning at least 10 years) or moving every few months or years, what would you want? Lemme know in the comment section below.

As always,

That Chick That Reads

No comments:

Post a Comment