Wednesday, May 12, 2010

If I Have A Wicked Stepmother, Where’s my Prince? by Melissa Kantor Review

wickedstepmother If I Have a Wicked Stepmother, Where’s my Prince by Melissa Kantor       
Publisher: Hyperion
Pub. Date: Sept. 1st, 2005 
Pages: 288
Age Level: Young Adult    
Obtained: Bought

When high school sophomore Lucy Norton’s father remarries, Lucy’s moved across the country and her life is turned upside down. With a bedroom in the unfinished basement, a blank social calendar, and a crush on the dashing prince of the varsity basketball team, Lucy’s life has the makings of a Cinderella story--complete with two bratty stepsisters and a wicked stepmother. So isn’t she supposed to get the prince? And go to the senior prom?

My Thoughts:

Who doesn’t love any kind of Cinderella twisty book? This novel was cute and some what realistic. I kind of bought this novel without realizing who the author was. I had recently read “Confessions of a Not It Girl” by the same author and completely hated it. The difference between this novel and the other though was that I got into it much quicker and could relate to Lucy a lot more. She’s this girl who has to move from California to New York because his father got remarried, which means dun dun dun a new school. She’s the new kid at this school, with no friends. The only thing that wasn’t really realistic, at least in my eyes, was the fact that she went from zero to full popularity within days. I really did like her character though, she wasn’t very superficial and she liked art. I also loved the art boy in the novel. He was dark and very shy, which is something I like reading. If you don’t like reading something that’s kind of predictable, then this books really not for you. Although some things you would never see coming, trust me. Overall I really liked this novel and I think I’ll be able to give Melissa Kantor’s other novel’s a chance because of this one. Overall I give this novel 3.5 out of 5 paws.

3_5paws_thumb1 Comment Question of the Blog:

If you had a Wicked Stepmother, what would you do? Lemme know in the comment section below!

As always,

That Chick That Reads

No comments:

Post a Comment