Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Lament: The Faerie Queen’s Deception by Maggie Stiefvater Review

lament Lament: The Faerie Queen’s Deception by Maggie Stiefvater       
Publisher: Flux 
Pub. Date: October 1st, 2008
Pages: 326
Age Level: Young Adult    
Obtained: Bought

From the author of the New York Times bestselling novel Shiver...
Sixteen-year-old Deirdre Monaghan is a prodigiously gifted musician. She's about to find out she's also a cloverhand - one who can see faeries.
Unexpectedly, Deirdre finds herself infatuated with a mysterious boy named Luke, who enters her ordinary life, seemingly out of thin air. But his interest in her might be something darker than summer romance. When a sinister faerie named Aodhan shows up with deadly orders from the Faerie Queen, it forces Dee right into the midst of Faerie. Caught in the crossfire with Deirdre is James, her wisecracking but loyal best friend.
Deirdre had been wishing her summer weren't so dull, but taking on a centuries-old Faerie Queen isn't exactly what she had in mind.

My Thoughts:

I’ve always been a little meh about faeries. Don’t ask me why, but I just have so I kept putting this novel off until it just suddenly stood out on my bookshelf and I had to read it. I really can’t believe it took me this long to finally read it! Dee was such a awesome character! Her love for music could be clearly shown throughout the entire novel! The thing I loved most about the novel was the aspect of music, how it’s just so powerful and could create something like a different world! James is so cute, although my def favorite was Luke. I always love the whole best friend is in love with the main character but she just happens to love someone else bit. If you like music, hot guys, and some kick butt action, then I def recommend that you read this novel! I give this novel 5 out of 5 paws!

5_paws_thumb[1] Comment Question of the Blog:

Do you play an instrument? If so which one? Lemme know in the comment section below!

As always,

That Chick That Reads

No comments:

Post a Comment