Monday, June 28, 2010

Evernight by Claudia Gray Review

everynight Evernight by Claudia Gray        
Publisher: Harper Teen  
Pub. Date: June 1st. 2008
Pages: 327
Age Level: Young Adult    
Obtained: Bought

Bianca wants to escape.

She's been uprooted from her small hometown and enrolled at Evernight Academy, an eerie Gothic boarding school where the students are somehow too perfect: smart, sleek, and almost predatory. Bianca knows she doesn't fit in.

Then she meets Lucas. He's not the "Evernight type" either, and he likes it that way. Lucas ignores the rules, stands up to the snobs, and warns Bianca to be careful—even when it comes to caring about him.

"I couldn't stand it if they took it out on you," he tells Bianca, "and eventually they would."

But the connection between Bianca and Lucas can't be denied. Bianca will risk anything to be with Lucas, but dark secrets are fated to tear them apart . . . and to make Bianca question everything she's ever believed.

My Thoughts:

This novel was sitting on my bookshelf forever without any thoughts of reading it anytime soon. Then one day I decided to pick it up and I abs loved it! This is exactly my kind of book, it has star-crossed lovers, lots of action, and rivalry. This is told from Bianca’s point of view as she takes the journey of going to a brand new school, Evernight. It’s there she meets Lucas, who’s identity came as a big surprise to me as well as Bianca’s! As much as I loved this novel, the only thing that really got to me and it was the change that happens right in the middle of the book. There’s a couple of little things here and there that suggest she knows what’s happening but at the same time, it’s like she’s completely unaware of it. Other than that this book was very enjoyable! I give it 4 out of 5 paws!

Comment Question of the Blog:

If you could go to school anywhere, where would you go? Why? Lemme know in the comment section below!

As always,

That Chick That Reads

1 comment:

  1. I was also surprised to find this book every enjoyable. Every time I went to the book store I picked up and then put it down and then one day I just bought it. I've read Stargazer. It was good too.

    ReplyDelete