Friday, December 3, 2010

The Immortals by JT Ellison

theimmortalsThe Immortals by JT Elison
Publisher: Mira
Pub. Date: October 1st 2010 
Pages:  389
Age Level: Adult    
Obtained: Review

It is Samhain—the Blood Harvest. Nonbelievers call it Hallowe'en. The night when eight Nashville teenagers are found dead, with occult symbols carved into their naked bodies. It's a ritual the killers believe was blessed by Death himself.

When children are victimized, emotions always run high, and this case has the public both outraged and terrified: a dangerous combination. Recently reinstated homicide lieutenant Taylor Jackson knows she has to act quickly, but tread carefully.

Exploring the baffling culture of mysticism and witchcraft, Taylor is immersed in a darkness that threatens to unbalance the order of her world, and learns how unchecked wrath can push a killer to his limits.

My Thoughts:

I first read Ellison’s “The Cold Room” when it was first published and abs loved it, so when the opportunity came to review “The Immortals” I immediately jumped at it. I can clearly say Ellison didn’t let me down! This can be read as a stand alone book, but having read the previous books doesn’t hurt. (They’re good and I mean really good so I totally recommend to get all of them Winking smile). It’s very fast paced and greatly written. The plot kept me incredibly interested and I honestly enjoyed learning on what happens on the dark side of Halloween. Ellison def takes us again on a rollercoaster ride full of high emotions and many twist and turns that have us guessing up until the very last page. I give this novel 4 out of 5 paws, and when I say go get it, I mean don’t walk, RUN and get it. It will def get your heart racing!

4_paws_thumb[1]Comment Question of the blog:

Do you celebrate Halloween? Lemme know in the comment section below!

As always,

That Chick That Reads

No comments:

Post a Comment