Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Fade (Dream Catcher #2) by Lisa McMann Review

FadeFade (Dream Catcher #2) by Lisa McMann
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Pub. Date: February 10th, 2009
Pages: 248
Age Level: Young Adult    
Obtained: Library

SOME NIGHTMARES NEVER END.
For Janie and Cabel, real life is getting tougher than the dreams. They're just trying to carve out a little (secret) time together, but no such luck.
Disturbing things are happening at Fieldridge High, yet nobody's talking. When Janie taps into a classmate's violent nightmares, the case finally breaks open -- but nothing goes as planned. Not even close. Janie's in way over her head, and Cabe's shocking behavior has grave consequences for them both.
Worse yet, Janie learns the truth about herself and her ability -- and it's bleak. Seriously, brutally bleak. Not only is her fate as a dream catcher sealed, but what's to come is way darker than she'd feared....

My Thoughts:

I love the general idea of the novel, just hate the writing just like in the first novel. Very bland. I love the story though. I like that old characters that we thought were gone visit again. I just wish we would find out more about her relationship with her mother. It just doesn’t make sense sometimes. Like they were supposed to make nicknames for the certain teachers and when they went on the trip, Mr. Dublin calls the other teacher Mrs. Pancake. So I’m confused because I thought those were supposed to be top secret? It was sort of predictable but I guess.. I’m not going to sit here and bash this novel though so here are some of the good things I noticed. Cabe is awesome! I love him <3 Janie’s character is getting better with each book. Oh and I love the capt! She’s sweet but tough! Anyway, I’m going to read the next one to see if it get’s better, which I heard it does so we’ll see.. until then I give this novel 3.5 out of 5 paws.

3_5paws_thumb1Comment Question of the blog:

If you could work for the government as a spy, would you? Lemme know in the comment section below.

As always,
That Chick That Reads

No comments:

Post a Comment