Sunday, March 13, 2011

Matched (Matched #1) by Allie Condie Review

matchedMatched (Matched #1) by Allie Condie  
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile  
Pub. Date: November 20th, 2010
Pages: 366
Age Level: Young Adult    
Obtained: Library

Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate . . . until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.

The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.

My Thoughts:

Wow! Ok, this is the beginning of 2011 and I have to say this is the best book I’ve read since Mockingjay! Simply amazing and beautifully written, Condie does such a good job introducing us to this new fire and fight that occurs in the futuristic version of what could happen if we allow technology and officials to take over. Cassia has lived all of her life never doubting her life in the society, it isn’t until Ky’s face shows up instead of Xander on her match card. I can not begin to explain how much I loved this book! It’s just amazing how crazy it would be to live in a society where you don’t have a choice over anything. It would drive me nuts and make me want to fight. I honestly can not wait for book 2! I give this novel 5 out of 5 paws.

5_paws_thumb[1]Comment Question of the day:

Team Xander? Team Ky? Who are you with? Lemme know in the comment section below!

As always,
That Chick That Reads

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this one too and just saw the cover for the next book in the series. I like the new cover a lot

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book as well!! Great review!!

    ReplyDelete