Sunday, April 3, 2011

Fallen by Lauren Kate Review

fallenFallen by Lauren Kate (Fallen #1) 
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Pub. Date: December 8th, 2009  
Pages: 452
Age Level: Young Adult    
Obtained: Borrowed from friend

There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.
Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.
Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.

My Thoughts:

I had very high expectations for this novel that were squished as soon as I started reading this book. I’m not going to trash it because it wasn’t that bad, it just wasn’t my cup of tea. It had some things that were going for it that I enjoyed which were the forbidden love interest, which was interesting how it turned out. Some of the stuff I did not see it coming at all and I enjoyed it pretty well. The one thing I did not like would have to be the pace. It just seemed to go really slow for me and sometimes I just couldn’t take it, but other than that the book is great! I give this novel 3.5 out of 5 paws!

3_5paws_thumb1Comment Question of the blog:

Did you have a favorite scene from the book? Have you read book #2? If so, did you like it? Lemme know in the comment section below!

As always
That Chick That Reads

2 comments:

  1. I so need to read this book! Gah!! Great review!

    PS I love your comment question part of the review! Very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I choose to listen to this one because of the narrator. Honestly, I think I liked it because of the narrator only.

    ReplyDelete