Saturday, June 4, 2011

I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore Review

iamnumber4I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore  
Publisher: HarperCollins
Pub. Date: August 3rd 2010 
Pages: 440
Age Level: Young Adult    
Obtained: Bought for Nook & Hardcover 

In the beginning they were a group of nine. Nine aliens who left their home planet of Lorien when it fell under attack by the evil Mogadorian. Nine aliens who scattered on Earth. Nine aliens who look like ordinary teenagers living ordinary lives, but who have extraordinary, paranormal skills. Nine aliens who might be sitting next to you now.
The Nine had to separate and go into hiding. The Mogadorian caught Number One in Malaysia, Number Two in England, and Number Three in Kenya. All of them were killed. John Smith, of Paradise, Ohio, is Number Four. He knows that he is next.
I AM NUMBER FOUR is the thrilling launch of a series about an exceptional group of teens as they struggle to outrun their past, discover their future—and live a normal life on Earth.
I AM NUMBER FOUR.
I AM NEXT

My Thoughts:

I have to admit, I read this book because the movie was coming out and I just hate watching a movie that has a book along with it and then going back to re read it.  Anyway, so the book was ok.. When it was first coming out, I had heard a lot of stuff going around in the bloggerverse about how good it was and so on but honestly I feel as if my expectations were set too high for this book. So we meet John. He is supposed to be number four out of nine kids that traveled from the planet of Lorien to Earth so that they could learn their legacy’s and fight against the Mondargarians. The book was pretty action packed and interesting but it took me 4 times as long to finish it than books normally take me and that’s saying something. It has a love interest sort of thing so that was I guess something good. For the most part it entertained me but it was just a meh kind of book. Once I crossed more than halfway through the book I just had to keep reading because it was actually pretty good after everything is explained and so forth. Anyway, I gave this novel 3.5 paws.

3_5paws_thumb1Comment Question of the Blog:

Movie or book? Which one was better? Lemme know in the comment section below!

As always,

That Chick That Reads

1 comment:

  1. I was the same way. I expected the book to be amazing because of the rave reviews it was getting and because the film rights were snatched up so quickly. I was actually disappointed because the movie was better than the book. Some of the scenes didn't make sense but it still was much better than the book. I didn't like John and the relationship between him and Sara wasn't that great.

    ReplyDelete