Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Returning to Paradise (Leaving Paradise #2) by Simone Elkeles Review

returntoparadiseReturning to Paradise (Leaving Paradise #2) by Simone Elkeles 
Publisher: Flux
Pub. Date: September 1st 2010
Pages: 302
Age Level: Young Adult    
Obtained: Bought

Caleb Becker left Paradise eight months ago, taking with him the secret he promised to take to his grave. If the truth got out, it would ruin everything.
Maggie Armstrong tried to be strong after Caleb broke her heart and disappeared. Somehow, she managed to move on. She's dermined to make a new life for herself.But then Caleb and Maggie are forced together on a summer trip. They try ignoring their passion for each other, but buried feelings resurface. Caleb must face the truth about the night of Maggie's accident, or the secret that destroyed their relationship will forever stand between them.

My Thoughts:

This is the sequel to Leaving Paradise. I mean while I liked this book, I didn’t love it like the first one. This is told from two perspectives once again, and though Maggie’s pov seemed genuine, Caleb’s faltered. I felt like I didn’t connect with the characters as much as I did with the first one. The drama felt a little forced and the characters were just so different from the first book. Caleb used to be this moody guy who didn’t know whether to be mad or sad about what happened, in this one he is just so mean and cruel. Maggie changed from someone vulnerable to someone that became to strong in just a short eight months. I just wish that this book would have been a little bit better. I feel like I have been cheated out of a good ending as some of the other Elkeles books. If there was a next one I would totally read it. I mean come on now! It’s Simone Elkeles and her novels are usually amazing, even though this one just didn’t wow me. I give this 3 out of 5 paws.

3_paws_thumb1Comment Question of the Blog:

Do you like two perspective books? If so, which ones were your favorite? Lemme know in the comment section below!

As always,
That Chick That Reads

No comments:

Post a Comment