Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Iron Crowned by Richelle Mead Review

ironcrownedIron Crowned by Richelle Mead
Publisher: Zebra
Pub. Date: March 1st 2011
Pages: 375
Age Level: Adult
Obtained: Bought 

Shaman-for-hire Eugenie Markham is the best at banishing entities trespassing in the mortal realm. But as the Thorn Land's queen, she's fast running out of ways to end the brutal war devastating her kingdom. Her only hope: the Iron Crown, a legendary object even the most powerful gentry fear. . .

Who Eugenie can trust is the hardest part. Fairy king Dorian has his own agenda for aiding her search. And Kiyo, her shape-shifter ex-boyfriend, has every reason to betray her along the way. To control the Crown's ever-consuming powers, Eugenie will have to confront an unimaginable temptation--one that will put her soul and the fate of two worlds in mortal peril. . .

My Thoughts:

This review contains spoilers from previous books.. This is my least favorite series from Mead. I'm not saying it's a bad thing because to be fairly honest I abs love all of Mead's books, it's just that this one just doesn't do it for me. I guess I can start with the characters. I love Dorian. I think I always have, always will love him. He is def one of my favorite characters from this series despite his need for growing power. The whole thing this series revolves around is not letting the prophecy come true. What is the prophecy you may ask? Well to not let the first Storm King grandson live. So Eugine apprehends her teen sister who is determined to make this prophecy live. Anyway so she had her locked up and now in this book she thinks that she needs to give her a little bit more freedom and that she does. I don't know I'm just not super crazy about this book.. I'll def read the last one because I'm a loyal Mead fan but she's killing me with this one. Although I felt like an idiot at the end because I should've seen it coming but it just completely took me by surprise. Anyway, I give this one 3 out of 5 paws.

3_paws_thumb1Comment Question of the Blog:

If you could own a kingdom and make it shift into anything you wanted, what kind of kingdom would you have? Lemme know in the comment section below!

As always,
That Chick That Reads

No comments:

Post a Comment