Monday, October 24, 2011

Dreaming Anastasia by Joy Preble Review

dreaminganastasiaDreaming Anastasia by Joy Preble
Publisher: Sourcebooks Jabberwocky
Pub. Date: September 1st 2009
Pages: 310 pages
Age Level: Young Adult
Obtained: Bought  

What really happened to Anastasia Romanov?

Anastasia Romanov thought she would never feel more alone than when the gunfire started and her family began to fall around her. Surely the bullets would come for her next. But they didn't. Instead, two gnarled old hands reached for her. When she wakes up she discovers that she is in the ancient hut of the witch Baba Yaga, and that some things are worse than being dead.

In modern-day Chicago, Anne doesn't know much about Russian history. She is more concerned about getting into a good college—until the dreams start. She is somewhere else. She is someone else. And she is sharing a small room with a very old woman. The vivid dreams startle her, but not until a handsome stranger offers to explain them does she realize her life is going to change forever. She is the only one who can save Anastasia. But, Anastasia is having her own dreams…

My Thoughts:

I went to the movies one day and the girl behind the counter selling tickets was reading this book. I asked her if it was good and she was just raving about so I decided to get it. I do have to say it took me a while to get into it. The one thing that I regret not knowing is that it had to do with the Russian Anastasia! The girl who went missing after all of her family was murdered. Once I caught onto that fact I was just like ahhh! That is sooo cool! I mean it's kind of neat to hear because it's a good theory as to what happened to her. The witch Baga Yaga is one of those characters from the Disney Movies. Most of the time I pictured her to be Ursula because of how they described the house with legs! I loved that there was some romance in the book but it didn't take up every single page. The only thing I didn't like was that it just seemed like they were always on the run. It seemed a little unreal but if magical characters were chasing you I guess it can make a little more sense. I give this one 3.5 out of 5 paws!

3_5paws_thumb1Comment Question of the Blog:

What do you think happened to the royal family? Lemme know in the comment section below!

As always,
That Chick That Reads

No comments:

Post a Comment