Sunday, November 27, 2011

Something Like Fate by Suzanne Colasanti

somethinglikefateSomething Like Fate by Suzanne Colasanti
Publisher: Viking Juvenile
Pub. Date: May 4th 2010
Pages: 268 pages
Age Level: Young Adult
Obtained: Library 

Best friends Lani and Erin couldn't be more different. Lani'’s reserved and thoughtful; Erin'’s bubbly and outgoing. Lani likes to do her own thing; Erin prefers an entourage. There'’s no possible way they could be interested in the same guy.

So when Erin starts dating Jason, Lani can’'t believe she feels such a deep connection with him— and it may be mutual. The more Lani fights it, the more certain she feels that it’'s her fate to be with Jason. But what do you do when the love of your life is the one person you can’'t have?

My Thoughts:

I've been meaning to read this book for a while. I kept checking it out from the library over and over again until one day I just decided to get it and finally sit down with it. It honestly is a fun read. I loved that Lani and her best friend were all about the future and reading horoscopes. It just reminded me about what my friends and I used to do back in middle school and beginning of high school. The main character Lani is kind of relatable. I mean there are times that you fell for your friends boyfriend even if it's just a crush. The only thing that kind of messed with me was the fact that Jason wanted to go out with Lani then why didn't you ask her??? Gahhh but I guess it happens all the time. My favorite character would have to Blake because he seemed like the truest of all and he seemed as if he was a better best friend for Lani. Erin was just such a bad friend at times that I wanted to jump through the book and tell her that myself. I give this one 3.5 out of 5 paws!

3_5paws_thumb1Comment Question of the Blog:

Do you believe in fate? Why or why not? Lemme know in the comment section below!

As always,
That Chick That Reads

No comments:

Post a Comment