Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver Review

beforeifallBefore I fall by Lauren Oliver
Publisher: Harper Collins
Pub. Date: March 2nd 2010
Pages: 470
Age Level: Young Adult
Obtained: PTA's Reviewer's Rewards

What if you had only one day to live? What would you do? Who would you kiss? And how far would you go to save your own life?
Samantha Kingston has it all—looks, popularity, the perfect boyfriend. Friday, February 12th should be just another day in her charmed life. Instead, it’s her last. The catch: Samantha still wakes up the next morning. In fact, she re-lives the last day of her life seven times, until she realizes that by making even the slightest changes, she may hold more power than she had ever imagined.

Review:

I was really looking forward to reading this one! There was just so much about the idea of the book that I loved almost instantly. I mean what would you do if you could replay the day you died, over and over again? Would you change it or keep making the same mistakes? Everything I thought about this book flew right out the door as soon as I started reading it. The beginning surprised me because honestly the main character Samantha just seemed like the biggest B. Usually I loooove the main character but Samantha was just far from likeable. She was popular, obnoxious and took everything for granted. I can’t say I liked Samantha at all during the first part of the book, because then I would be lying. She was just everything I hated but you begin to see the big transformation day by day. Oliver did an amazing job with Before I Fall. She made me feel many different emotions through her work, that I honestly didn't know it was possible. I didn’t even see the end coming! It was so powerful and Oliver did such a fantastic job with this novel! It’s beautifully written and the ultimate message it brings will touch everyone who reads this! Def. 5 out of 5 paws!

5_paws_thumb[1] Comment Question of the blog:

If you had to relive the same day everyday, which day would you choose and why? Lemme know in the comment section below!

As always,

That Chick That Reads

No comments:

Post a Comment