Thursday, December 8, 2011

Crossed by Ally Condie Review

crossedCrossed by Ally Condie
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile
Pub. Date: November 1st 2011
Pages: 384
Age Level: Young Adult
Obtained: Bought

In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.
Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever

My Thoughts:

I don’t know if it was just me or something but I kind of wished that Crossed had been a little different? Like it was interesting and Xander’s secret was intense and crazy awesome but I don’t know.. I guess it felt like it dragged on for the longest time. I do have to say that I loved that it was in both KY’s and Cassia’s pov’s. They were apart from each other but so close to each other that they just couldn’t imagine it. I fell in love with some of the new characters in this one. Sometimes it made me want to go into the storyline and give each and every one of them hugs. I realized something about the book covers last night. I don’t know if it’s just me that realized this too late but if you take a look at the covers the first one is green. There are three kind of pills and colors: green, blue, and red. The green one happens to make them “calm”.  Well in Matched, the society was trying to calm Cassia because someone put KY into the mix. This book is blue, which the pill makes you survive (at least that’s what the society wants us and them to believe) and if you think about it, the entire book KY and Cassia are trying to survive on this incredible adventure, meeting people they don’t know about and going into something that is beyond them. They aren’t alone and that alone gives them all hope. I figure the last book will be in red and when you finish reading this one you could see why I think that. This book was good but I guess with everyone amping it up, I set my expectations way too high for it. I can’t wait for the last book to be fairly honest. I want to see what happens next and what becomes of the society. I give this one 3.5 paws.

3_5paws_thumb1Comment Question of the Blog:

If you were on a journey and had the 3 pills the society offers, would you take them or would you be strong enough without them? Lemme know in the comment section below!

As always,
That Chick That Reads

No comments:

Post a Comment