Sunday, December 18, 2011

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins Review

mockingjayMockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Publisher: Scholastic Press 
Pub. Date: August 24th 2010
Pages: 390
Age Level: Young Adult
Obtained: Bought

Young Katniss Everdeen has survived the dreaded Hunger Games not once, but twice, but even now she can find no relief. In fact, the dangers seem to be escalating: President Snow has declared an all-out war on Katniss, her family, her friends, and all the oppressed people of District 12. The thrill-packed final installment of Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games trilogy will keep young hearts pounding

My Thoughts:

I can’t believe I never reviewed this book! This is the most powerful and meaningful trilogy that I’ve ever read and I’ve read a lot of books in the past couple of years. I am just completely shocked by the ending of this great and daring trilogy. Collins did an amazing job. When the second book came out I was all Team Peeta and nothing could change that but then I read the last book and that's when I realized that no one wins. Well if you can understand me in some weird way. There's no Team Peeta, there's no Team Gale. There's abs NO room for that because it's beyond it. When I say no one wins, it’s because it’s true. This series was beyond a simple love relationship and making it work. It was way more than anyone could ever imagine. It’s about taking a stand for what you believe in and start a revolution. Take pride in yourself and believe. Even if in the end you break. I understand Katniss. You have no idea how many countless nights I cried because of what happens in the books, it’s cruel and just ugh just plain cruel to do that to any human being. But if I was in her place. I would do the same thing. What’s one life if you could save thousands and millions. Ask yourselves this: Would you live a broken life to protect the ones you love and save millions of lives? I would never have the guts to what she did before I had my daughter. But now I understand why she did it. Why she took her sister’s spot in the Hunger Games, why she played along with Peeta, why she wanted to believe in something that she thought was beyond her reach. It’s hope. Hope that maybe one day you could do better, your kids, your grandchildren, your great grandchildren. We’re in a revolution now. This war in Iraq is coming to an end but what about Afghanistan? I’m a army wife. I worry all the time about where they would send my solider. It just reminds me of Katniss family and the countless of family’s that had friends and family go into the Hunger Games. They must have been worried too. It’s almost the same but they had to watch how their loved ones died. That is just a cruel way to end someone's life. This is a gruesome, something that could happen in the future trilogy that left me aching. Even though I read it over a year ago, I still wonder about it and talk about it because it’s one of those books that can not be ignored. 5 out of 5 paws.

5_paws_thumb[1]Comment Question of the Blog:

Do you think they’re going to ruin the book with the movie? Lemme know in the comment section below!

As always,
That Chick That Reads

No comments:

Post a Comment