Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Radiance by Alyson Noel Review

radainceRadiance by Alyson Noel
Publisher: Square Fish
Pub. Date: August 31st 2010
Pages: 183
Age Level: Young Adult
Obtained: Bought

Riley has crossed the bridge into the afterlife—a place called Here, where time is always Now. She has picked up life where she left off when she was alive, living with her parents and dog in a nice house in a nice neighborhood. When she’s summoned before The Council, she learns that the afterlife isn’t just an eternity of leisure. She’s been assigned a job, Soul Catcher, and a teacher, Bodhi, a possibly cute, seemingly nerdy boy who’s definitely hiding something. They return to earth together for Riley’s first assignment, a Radiant Boy who’s been haunting a castle in England for centuries. Many Soul Catchers have tried to get him to cross the bridge and failed. But all of that was before he met Riley . . .

My Thoughts:

I loooved Riley from The Immortals series and I was so excited when she announced that she was making a side Riley project! This book was a really fluffy read. I enjoyed reading what goes on in Riley’s side of the world, as apposed to Ever’s. I love the idea of what happens when you cross the bridge and what Noel describes is exactly what I hope is on the other side waiting for me. A house, memories, your family that waits for you on the other side. It’s amazing. The language is beautiful. The characters are just abs wonderful. I just wonder if Riley ever falls in love? Can you fall in love in the after life? Could she experience everything she was cruelly taken away from? I guess I’d have to read the rest of the series to find out, I just hope for her sake that she has that and more. I give this one 3.5 out of 5 paws.

3_5paws_thumb1Comment Question of the Blog:

Do you believe in crossing the bridge? Lemme know in the comment section below!

As always,
That Chick That Reads

No comments:

Post a Comment