Monday, January 9, 2012

The Ever After by Amy Huntley Review

theeverafterThe Ever After by Amy Huntley
Publisher: HarperCollins
Pub. Date: October 1st 2009
Pages: 248
Age Level: Young Adult
Obtained: Bought 

Madison Stanton doesn't know where she is or how she got there. But she does know this - she is dead. And alone in a vast, dark space. The only company Maddy has in this place are luminescent objects that turn out to be all the things she lost while she was alive. And soon she discovers that, with these artifacts, she can re-experience - and even change - moments from her life.

Her first kiss.

A trip to Disney World.

Her sister's wedding.

A disastrous sleepover.

In reliving these moments, Maddy learns illuminating and frightening truths about her life - and death.

My Thoughts:

I honestly had no clue what the book was about when I bought it. A couple of years ago one of my blogger friends told me “hey read it, you’ll like it” so I bought it. I have to say that I was sad when I learned that she was essentially dead. How she died? Even she does not know. We are then taken through memories from every single moment that she had ever lost an object and through those moments we learn so much about her life when she was alive as well as the one in the afterlife. This book has friendships and love and that sense of family that not even death could take it away. I honestly had never thought about this concept before. I find myself thinking about what if we were essentially non existent but we are able to travel through our lives with out memories. I would def enjoy the moments with my husband and daughter the most. This book had me crying so bad at the end because it was just that good. I did not want it to end! I wanted to continue her story. It made me sad but happy all in one. Huntley def did a good job with this one! Now my head is going to be spinning with the possibility of an Ever After. I give this one 3.5 out of 5 paws.

3_5paws_thumb1Comment Question of the Blog:

If you could travel back and relive one of your memories, which one would it be and why? Lemme know in the comment section below!

As always,
That Chick That Reads

No comments:

Post a Comment