Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han Review

thesummeriturnedprettyThe Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Pub. Date: April 6th 2010
Pages: 276
Age Level: Young Adult
Obtained: Bought

Some summers are just destined to be pretty. Belly measures her life in summers. Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. Winters are simply a time to count the weeks until the next summer, a place away from the beach house, away from Susannah, and most importantly, away from Jeremiah and Conrad. They are the boys that Belly has known since her very first summer -- they have been her brother figures, her crushes, and everything in between. But one summer, one wonderful and terrible summer, the more everything changes, the more it all ends up just the way it should have been all along.

My Thoughts:

I honestly can’t believe how awesome this book was! It’s been sitting on my bookshelf for so long and I just never had any real interest to read it until the other night. I enjoyed it so much. It was fluffy, and it had real problems that you would encounter in everyday life. I abs love Belly’s character! She’s this shy girl who all over the sudden transforms into this beauty queen. She’s kind of awkward but confident all at once. Her childhood crush of all time seems to be distant but ever so present in her life. It’s just one of those books that I wish I could live her life. To be able to go to this summer house, every single summer and enjoy it. To make memories like the ones we are flashbacked to in this book. I would honestly love to have a chance at that. This book in ways is sad because while all this fantastic yet terrible thing is happening to Belly, there are other things going on that are just crazy. Like not crazy exactly, it just makes you realize how everyone has a life and sometimes you get too involved in yours to even notice. Anyway, I can not wait to get my hands on the other two. Which I will very soon! I give this one 4 out of 5 paws.

4_paws_thumb[1]Comment Question of the Blog:

Did you ever have a summer thing you always did? Lemme know in the comment section below!

As always,
That Chick That Reads

No comments:

Post a Comment