Saturday, March 3, 2012

Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting Review

desiresofthedeadDesires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting
Publisher: Harper Teen
Pub. Date: February 15th 2011
Pages: 368
Age Level: Young Adult
Obtained: Library

Violet can sense the echoes of those who've been murdered—and the matching imprint that clings to their killers. Only those closest to her know what she is capable of, but when she discovers the body of a young boy she also draws the attention of the FBI, threatening her entire way of life.
As Violet works to keep her morbid ability a secret, she unwittingly becomes the object of a dangerous obsession. Normally she'd turn to her best friend, Jay, except now that they are officially a couple, the rules of their relationship seem to have changed. And with Jay spending more and more time with his new friend Mike, Violet is left with too much time on her hands as she wonders where things went wrong. But when she fills the void by digging into Mike's tragic family history, she stumbles upon a dark truth that could put everyone in danger.

My Thoughts:

Well I kind of liked the first one and I have to say it was the same thing with this one. There's more body finding but this time the FBI is involved, as well as some new characters that I hope we learn more of in future books. Violet is trying to adjust to her new relationship with her boyfriend and having this ability to find bodies. There are also some new kids in town and more mysteries! I def love Derting's writing. The character's were just as great as the first one. The only thing that I just couldn't stand was the whole moping around for like 3 days. I mean come on! Stuff happens, get over it.. Anyway, I do have to say she left a good cliff hanger and I want to know what happens! I give this novel 3 out of 5 paws!

Comment Question of the Blog:

What kind of mysteries would you have liked to solve? Let me know in the comment section below!

As always,
That Chick That Reads

No comments:

Post a Comment