Thursday, December 19, 2013

Review: Exclusively Yours by Shannon Stacey

exclusivelyyoursTitle: Exclusively Yours by Shannon Stacey
Pages: 706
Publisher: Carina Press 
Publishing Date: May 26th 2010
Audience: Adults (has sexual content)
Obtained: Bought for Nook

When Keri Daniels's boss finds out she has previous carnal knowledge of reclusive bestselling author Joe Kowalski, she gives Keri a choice: get an interview or get a new job.
Joe's never forgotten the first girl to break his heart, so he's intrigued to hear Keri's back in town--and looking for him. He proposes an outrageous plan--for every day she survives with his family on their annual camping trip, Keri can ask one question.
The chemistry between Joe and Keri is as potent as the bug spray, but Joe's sister is out to avenge his broken heart, and Keri hasn't ridden an ATV since she was ten. Who knew a little blackmail, a whole lot of family and some sizzling romantic interludes could make Keri reconsider the old dream of Keri & Joe 2gether 4ever?

My Thoughts:

Exclusively yours was one of those that I think I liked the blurb better than the actual book itself. I don’t have that problem very often and I’m really disappointed that I feel this way.

The writing itself wasn’t bad. It’s written in third person perspective and we had an insight to some interesting sets of couples with some serious relationship issues. We have Joe and Kerri, who were high school sweethearts and were separated because Kerri wanted a career and Joe wanted to be near his family. Then Terry and Evan, who are married but awaiting divorce because Terry is more concerned about being a mother than being spontaneous in her relationship. Lastly you have Mike and Lisa, who are also married with four kids and Lisa wants another child and Mike just doesn’t which causes a lot of tension between the two. I felt these characters could’ve been executed a lot better. I didn’t mind Mike and Lisa, or even Joe for that matter but Terry and Kerri annoyed me so much. Terry, just because she was such a b… and Kerri because she’s such a label person. Oh and my biggest complaint was how old they were. This story could’ve been executed so much better if it would’ve only been a ten year difference instead of twenty. I just kept picturing these young 30 year olds instead of what age they really were.

The storyline was something I was looking forward to. I wanted to love the book. Seriously. I wanted to love it but it just felt long and drawn out. My major turn off was just Terry and Kerri. I think if those two characters would’ve been a little different I’d feel a little better about the book. I love the fact that Joe is a novelist. That totally sold me on reading it the first time. I also loved his nephews and even his niece. I loved the scenes with his family. Especially the four wheelers. [[how I wish I could ride one again]] After I was done with this one, I went and found out that the next book in the series is about Kevin, Joe’s younger brother, and I’m really curious to see what his story is. So with that being said, I wish a lot of things would’ve a little different but I’m still picking up book two. I give this one 2.5 out of 5 stars.

Comment Question of the Blog:

If you could have any profession what would it be? Lemme know in the comment section below!

As always,
That Chick That Reads

goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment