Monday, December 23, 2013

Review: The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead

thefieryheartTitle: The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead  
Pages: 438
Publisher: Razorbill
Publishing Date: November 19th 2013
Audience: Young Adult 
Obtained: Bought Hardback

Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives.
In The Indigo Spell, Sydney was torn between the Alchemist way of life and what her heart and gut were telling her to do. And in one breathtaking moment that Richelle Mead fans will never forget, she made a decision that shocked even her. . . .
But the struggle isn't over for Sydney. As she navigates the aftermath of her life-changing decision, she still finds herself pulled in too many directions at once. Her sister Zoe has arrived, and while Sydney longs to grow closer to her, there's still so much she must keep secret. Working with Marcus has changed the way she views the Alchemists, and Sydney must tread a careful path as she harnesses her profound magical ability to undermine the way of life she was raised to defend. Consumed by passion and vengeance, Sydney struggles to keep her secret life under wraps as the threat of exposure — and re-education — looms larger than ever.
Pulses will race throughout this smoldering fourth installment in the New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series, where no secret is safe

My Thoughts:

Richelle Mead has done it again. I love Adrian and Sydney. I’ve always loved that even though Adrian didn’t get his happily ever after in the Vampire Academy series, he’s able to finally be on his way in this series. All of the book I’ve read by Mead [which are all] are usually written in on perspective. Her latest adult novel is written in third point of view so when I found out we were going to get a dual point of view in this book I was ecstatic. I craved Adrian’s portion of the book. I have been dying, since Vampire Academy, to get inside his head and this book gives us that chance to do that. Let me tell you, it was worth the wait. We get a chance to explore the thinking in someone who has a spirit affinity. The desperation and the happiness. The good, the bad and the ugly. I was well executed.

I loved seeing all the other character. Jill, Angeline, Eddie, Trey. We also see Rose and Dimitri!! I like seeing their growth and how they are all affected by the things that are happening in the book. I especially enjoyed a scene with Angeline, it was quite unforgettable. [when you read the book, you’ll totally get it]] We also have two new characters, Zoe and Neil. They were quite an interesting pair. Zoe is what Sydney is supposed to be, according the alchemist. Quiet, isolated and disciplined and stay away from what they consider the enemy. Neil, well I didn’t know what to think about him. I guess he was the same way Zoe was. Determined and very disciplined as a guardian. These new characters were a good addition to the series though.

The plot was ok. It seemed like nothing but a lot of something happens in the book. I guess this book would be the equivalent to Spirit Bound from the Vampire Academy Series. The ending left a big ol cliff hanger. I seriously can not wait until the next book is out! I’ll get to see more Adrian and more Sydney. I give this one 4 out of 5 stars.

goodreads

Comment Question of the Blog:

How do you feel about dual perspectives? Lemme know in the comment question below.

As always,
That Chick That Reads

No comments:

Post a Comment